Notices
View Poll Results: are scooby ecus available?
yes
0%
no
100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

are scooby ecus available

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2004, 10:23 AM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are scooby ecus available

i have seen lots of posts saying get a scooby ecu etc but nobody seems to be able to do one are they all hiding in david and pavlos garages?
Old 13 August 2004, 06:27 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

no disrespect to these 2 guys as I know that they are very very very well respected on here but they never seem to reply to emails or anything regarding these.

if I remember David was quick to jump on customscoobyIOM's post about his ECU's and how he would do a group buy for £60 a piece.

now if they were able to do them at that price and make a little bit of profit, surely at £100 that would be a tidy profit ?

I doubt I would have enough fingers on my hands and feet to add up the amount of people who would want them if they were available so seems like a good business venture if you ask me ?
Old 13 August 2004, 11:29 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

I am not sure but from what i have read of davids posts there are so many variations in car specs etc that he just cant be bothered i may be wrong though

As you say there is demand surely someone is willing to spend the time sorting out a batch with a better map than std nothing wild just a bit more boost and fuelling to suit £100 sounds ok to me come on david if you do some i will buy you some springs
Old 13 August 2004, 11:34 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not only the variation in car specs but the variation in ECU
i.e U8, 2C, W6, W9, V5, V9, V7, 7D, 6K, Z4, Z5, 7K, SA, 3B, 1C etc...etc...

some are interchangable some arn't, hence it's not that easy.....especially when it's not your prime business OR Interest.
Old 13 August 2004, 11:50 PM
Jas W
Scooby Regular

what ecu are you after? i have got a ecu off a my99 if you are intrested it is a ae801.
Old 13 August 2004, 11:54 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

yeah but he could produce the chip for the ones he has developed

or perhaps even just reply to the emails ?
Old 13 August 2004, 11:55 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If CustomScoobyIOM can do them, as single chips, to suit all cars, in the group buy, for £100 - £120, ask him!
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=347051

Suggest you read the comments on the thread from the "creators" of the genuine ScoobyECU first though...
<Hmm the DIY ECU Project thread seems to have gone ? >

Scott, David and Pavlo have "proper" jobs, the scoobyECU was their interpretation of an adaptor board to allow the use of 2 chips ( odd and even bytes ) of what Subaru intended for the rally cars, for their own custom mapping, as a hobby / project!
Old 14 August 2004, 08:31 AM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

I don't need one, got a Link ecu in mine

But to be fair if they don't want to do them any more then why not close the site and say so instead of getting peoples hopes up ?

When I first got the Scooby I emailed them about one. Typed up a long email which took a good while to write. Waited a few weeks on a reply and didnt get one. I think I even PM one of them and didnt get a reply either.

I soon learned I wasnt going to get a reply so gave up. Since then I have seen dozens of posts with people asking about them, asking why they don't get a reply etc.

Just say we have stopped or something save wasting peoples time emailing, posting or hopeing that they may get one.

I don't particulary like CustomscoobyIOM tbh. I have a fairly good reason not too. But it appears to me he has seen that there is potential in these chips and has tried to market them. Now whatever the crack is, if he has stolen the software from the EPROM or whatever. I don't really care at least he is making them.

They were quick to jump on his group buy etc putting down his customer service etc (which is pretty bad look at that guy Mr-J's post) After reading their comments on the post I would have been put off buying one. Perhaps this was their intention ?

I appriciate they are busy with other stuff and its just a hobby etc......but they have developed chips for some cars already. Surely they could either, pay someone to make them for them as they don't have time. Increase the price to make it worth their while. Or even sell the process to someone who would have the time to make them.

This may stop the daily posts such as this one looking for the chips.

There is the demand and people are willing to pay over the odds for the chip cause its so well respected. See http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...02#post3610102

Just my opinion. As I said dont want to offend anyone and I know that David etc are well respected and have done a lot for scoobynet and scoobies in general.

thanks