Notices

Overheating STI8 !!

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2004, 08:52 AM
opelcorsa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating STI8 !!

While sitting in a long traffic jam on Loch Lomond yesterday started to notice the temp guage creeping up,not knowing when on the guage the fans would kick in i waited to the 3/4 mark.

As it started to creep by the 3/4 mark slight perspiration on the upper lip started (sweatin like a ******) turned on the heater to max the traffic started to move thus cooling it down.

Long story short headed home to be stuck in rush hour traffic and temp guage hit the RED,pulled over and waited for 1hr by the side of the road,could see nowt as engine bay roastin.

Eventually got home and let her cool down,after a wee bit of investigitive work removed air panel intake and plastic expansion bottle found out the two fan plugs wernt plugged in.

Plugged them in and let the car heat up BINGO the fans came on.

What i would like to know is should this have been checked on a PDI and will it have harmed the car in any way?

I am calling the dealer 1st thing this morning and following it up in writing to be noted in case of any future problems.

This car is two months old and has done 2K with its 1K service also being carried out.

Your thoughts please.

Davie
Old 10 August 2004, 08:56 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Shouldn't have happened though mmistakes are made; fortunately with your quick thinking you saved the engine............

I'm sure the dealer will make the necessary apologies & a suitable meal for two.....
Old 10 August 2004, 11:39 AM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XtremeScoobies
Shouldn't have happened though mmistakes are made; fortunately with your quick thinking you saved the engine............

I'm sure the dealer will make the necessary apologies & a suitable meal for two.....
XtremeScoobies - is that your policy then? Maybe I should make a visit sooner than planned? But damn, I've heard soooo many good things about you. will need a meal for two to pacify 'er in doors with the amount I have planned!
Old 10 August 2004, 01:52 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regular burger and fries - Essex mans meal for two
It must have come from the factory like that? If the engine doesn't get hot enough during the PDI they'll never know it was disconnected!
JohnD
Old 10 August 2004, 01:59 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JohnD
If the engine doesn't get hot enough during the PDI they'll never know it was disconnected!
JohnD
The air con turns on both fans if the car is stationary, that's a good test for any worried owners.

Dipster