Notices

SVA HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2004, 05:13 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SVA HELP PLEASE

Hello people, i was wondering if anyone here knows what needs to be done to get a Standared 1994 wrx through a SVA test? Any help and advise would be very appreciated, thanks
Old 16 May 2004, 05:24 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi mate whatmonth of 1994 is it if it is 10 years old to date then you dont need an sva test all you need to do is get it registered wit 35 pounds
if it is less than 10 years then you need to put a mph converter onit,then rubthe K where it says KMPH so it runs in mph DONT NEED TO GET DIFFERENT DIALS also check the emissions check your exhaust isnt too loud and doesnt have a sharp edge just to be on safeside put a standard one on.check ypur brakes put a foglihght on the back illuminating fog light switch inside take off turbo timers boost gauges etc. take out the stereo or put a fm adapter on the stereo.check your headlight patterns, put a fuel neck restrictor on.
that should be it mate
Old 16 May 2004, 05:32 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks mate, i have got a KPH to MPH facia from Import solutions but will i still have to change anything like the speedo cable or something?...will take the stero out and i have a fog light fitted but does it need a light inside?? MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE ;-)
Old 16 May 2004, 05:33 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vava voom
Thanks mate, i have got a KPH to MPH facia from Import solutions but will i still have to change anything like the speedo cable or something?...will take the stero out and i have a fog light fitted but does it need a light inside?? MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE ;-)
...OHH YES ITS A NOV 1994
Old 16 May 2004, 05:34 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Talking

...OHH YES ITS A NOV 1994
Old 16 May 2004, 05:46 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi mate no all you need to do is geta mph converter from www.importsoloutions.co.uk then all you need to do is connect this to the back of the cable going in from the engine. then all you do is just rub the K off the KMPH then itll bre running in mph.Yes you do need an illuminating switch inside for the foglight switch.also where is the foglight placed it must be no more than 350mm from the floor i think.
Old 16 May 2004, 07:12 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sorry if im being thick but Import solutions said if i just change the Facia then that will do....so i need a mph converter too then. thanks for all your help mate

Trending Topics

Old 16 May 2004, 09:32 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

no mate thats the crappy way also its a right hard job changing the facia the needles tend to break etc try a search on this and ull find ouy.any way just rub the K off on the original facia get the converter what that'l do is make the car run in mph and also the BEST THING is that itll derestrict your car from 112mph to what all jap imports are limited to mate the best 70 odd pounds mod ull ever do and spend mate.
Old 16 May 2004, 09:40 PM
OdD KiDS OtHeR MatE
Scooby Regular

As said, don't do the fascia... it'll still be restricted fit a mech convertor.

You'll struggle with an SVA anyway tho unless already booked as the rules have now changed and you'll need a model report which are like hens teeth for most cars Don't exist! I'm waiting for an alternative solution which surely must happen soon? At least by Nov u'll have a 10yr old car so can simply pass an M-O-T and then register!!

Good luck and keep us all posted

Last edited by OdD KiDS OtHeR MatE; 16 May 2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 16 May 2004, 09:44 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

no mate your wrong u only need a model report for any cars registered after jan1997.as his is a 1994 he just has to put it through an sva test normally with just showing the jap de registration documents mate.
Old 16 May 2004, 09:48 PM
OdD KiDS OtHeR MatE
Scooby Regular

Default SVA

Aha.. thanks for clearing that up!!

That explains why the EVO 4's that I have coming over will be o.k for an SVA then -as I understood for another post- because they are all 96 registered?

That's soo pleasing to know? Is this detailed anywhere tho as I can't find an official reference to it?

Always ready to learn, Nobby
Old 16 May 2004, 09:58 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

yes mate its any car after 97 what does it say on the jap deregistration of your evos mate itll tell you when it was made if the 96 your laughing just do a normal sva test mate. i know because i just got my 97 impreza through an sva just last week but i got the application in before the disabled loophole closed or else i would have got to have got a model report
what the problem is that this isnt listed in the vosa sight because this is not a new law for the modelreports because its been around since 2000 but people were using the diabled loophole but that has closed now and vosa dont see this as a new law so thats why they dont list it you see
Old 17 May 2004, 12:43 PM
bluep
Scooby Regular

Default f.a.o oko mate

Alright mate it is blue p.Sorry about confusion go to model reports.com and it explains all.You are one of lucky ones! I have got sorted now to will send you pm soon
Old 17 May 2004, 05:49 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

...Have removed the stereo, fog light has no real rule about the height and the mph converter is on its way with the fuel thingy!!

Thank you very very much for all your help, seems to me scoobymonstor is the man in the know!! cheers mate ;-)
Old 17 May 2004, 05:53 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi mate no problems glad to have helped id double check on the height of the foggy if i were you because sometimes they do get there tapemeasure out.just stick the slimline one under the bumper and youll be ok.let us know how you get on mate
Old 17 May 2004, 06:04 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Just gave Import Solutions a bell(cheeky at 6.03pm...but top blokes for advise and parts) and they said it must be below the origional lights on the car and no more than 90cm of the ground....where's the ruler??
Old 20 May 2004, 07:35 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hello , got back from the Sva today and they have failed it ;-(....1) Steering wheel is incorrect..2) Fog light wireing needs to be insulated all the way..3) REMOVE PHONE HOLDER..4) Failed on Emissions...failure on Lamda sensor 5) tyres need to be changed for different tyres as they are limited to 90mph!!

I dont mind any of this but i am haveing serious problems getting a steering wheel which will pass as Import solutions beleive the one i have on there is fine and would pass with flying colours!!...Any advise would be great, thanks
Old 21 May 2004, 01:22 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi mate if its a aftermarket steeringwheel they do be abit picky sometimes,cant u borrow someones original nardi one for a day or so. also you will need to get ZR rated tyres,because what you should have wrote on the application is that the cars maximum speed is 112mph then you would have got away with the normal tyres(except if they are snow tyres), also just feed the wiring for the fogyy through the side lining of the boot under the skin carpet etc. also change your lamba senser or just through a bottle of that emissions stuff in the tank before you take it in and just drive it a bit hard going to the station so it is well warmd up. hope this helps mate. which test station did you go to then?
Old 23 May 2004, 11:31 AM
wideybrook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vava voom
Hello , got back from the Sva today and they have failed it ;-(....1) Steering wheel is incorrect..2) Fog light wireing needs to be insulated all the way..3) REMOVE PHONE HOLDER..4) Failed on Emissions...failure on Lamda sensor 5) tyres need to be changed for different tyres as they are limited to 90mph!!

I dont mind any of this but i am haveing serious problems getting a steering wheel which will pass as Import solutions beleive the one i have on there is fine and would pass with flying colours!!...Any advise would be great, thanks
Have you a digital pic of the steering wheel?