Notices

Replacment Parts not as Good as Original Fitment ?..

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2004, 09:15 AM
stiler83
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacment Parts not as Good as Original Fitment ?..

Ok so this is what happend a dozy git in his Focus hit the front of my 03WRX.
Result I needed a new Bonnet. Well have that done by the Body shop recommended by my Subaru Dealer, part came from them. Spray job is great , you can not tell the difference. But the problem I have now is that at lets say 70mph with a tail wind (if you know what i mean) the bonnet/scoop moves up and down all over the place. I never had this with my old bonnet, although I have heard about this on the STi8's.
One thing I have noticed is I cannot find a Subaru Logo on the bonnet, does anyone know if there should be one and is so where?

Also a friend of mine had to have his rear passenger door replaced on a 03WRX recenty and the replacment is not as sold is the original or for that fact the others on the car, is this the norm ?..

regards..

Last edited by stiler83; 27 February 2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 27 February 2004, 12:00 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

There are two elastic adjusters left and right that tighten the bonnet when closed did you try to turn them anti clock wise, it may helps you!
JIM
Old 27 February 2004, 01:04 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

have you contacted the bodyshop about this, so they can rectify the fault you have?
Would it not be fair to let them have a look, see if all the securing bolts are tight.

As for seeing a sign or logo on panels, sorry apart from the original part number sticky label, there is nothing else. so once this label is removed so they can paint it,you will not find any other identification mark on any panel.
Old 27 February 2004, 03:34 PM
stiler83
Scooby Regular

I've not concatced the body shop yet, but if I am unable to sort it out using the "two elastic adjusters" I will give them a call. I've checked all the bolts ect myself and all are fine.
I just woundered if the bonnets had subaru stamped in them like the wings ect but if they don't they don't. I would not think there would many be non genuine subaru parts like WRX Aluminimum bonnets floating around anyway but you never now until you ask.
Old 27 February 2004, 05:00 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I'd let the bodyshop have a go at sorting it out. Tell them it's worrying you and you're concerned it'll fall offf.

It's not uncommon for scooby bonnets to move about a bit, especially at cruising speeds .

There's two rubber bump stops front left and right. They 'screw' into the slam panel. Turning these can adjust how level the bonnet looks and the 'tension' it's under when the bonnet catch is engaged. It should also be possible to adjust the vertical height of the bonnet catch (maybe?). Is the rubber 'seal' along the front of the bonnet above the headlights? Or just a gap?

Vindaloo.
Old 27 February 2004, 05:19 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

cant find any part numbers etc on my bonnet, only a sticker about tune up information.