Notices

Clifford Concept 50x

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 1999, 05:58 PM
KevMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would anyone have information on setting the sensitivity of the external proximity sensor on a Concept 50x.
As new the settings were set to the max so even a snail set it off!
Now, after being adjusted by the fitters, it’s way too low –it won’t chirp even if you have five people walking around it and looking in.
I know its got something to do with flicking the valet switch to latch five and then using the remote to set the sensitivity but that’s all I know.
I live on the Republic of Ireland and there’s only one official Clifford installer – they can be blockbooked for weeks so it’s very hard to get a technician to have a look at the alarm
Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by KevMac (edited 17-03-99).]
Old 17 March 1999, 01:00 AM
yee_har
Scooby Regular

This is deliberately in the Installers Manual and not in the "User Guide" for some reason.
Mine's is exactly the same - parked it up the night after paying £500 for it to have it regularly chirp to tell me that a small amount of snow was sliding down the driver's window.
I've lost the page of the Installation Guide they faxed me but I believe any dealer should do it for free for you - or tell you how to DIY. At the end of the day - as you probably know - you can adjust the range but not the "mass" sensitivity. You can get the range to detect a presence within say 6" of the driver window but it could be a "peerer" or a snail (on slilts) as you say.
Old 18 March 1999, 05:21 PM
KevMac
Scooby Regular

It’s Ok. I’ve been sorted.
Thanks.