Notices

Any answers?

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2002, 06:23 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this for me,have just got in after drive in car and suddenly the car revs started dropping when dumping the clutch or at lights.They were nearly going to the stall mark and then rising back up.After a bit of heel and toeing in traffic in case it did stall,got about 3miles down the road and back to normal.On another car had they told me the same problem ws over injecting but the scooby will be more of an advancment than my old car.(non scooby)
I know my idle is a little low and was going to do a full service and then goe and have it put on dealer computer to make any adjustments to fuelling etc.
Any help would be appreciated as long as its not the 3K kind.
Regards Gene
Old 27 September 2002, 09:08 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Dont think the 'dealer' CAN do adjustments to fuelling etc.

Get it into a main dealer and put it on a 'select monitor', this should show any stored faults on the ecu.

Could be lots of different things I'm sorry to say

Good luck
Old 27 September 2002, 10:13 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

It would be safe to say that a subaru dealer cannot make any adjustments to fuelling or igniton timing. The idle speed can be adjusted a bit by rotating the ISCV. An air leak would give the sypmtoms you describe. Have you reecently fitted an aftermarket dump valve or anything?? Check all boost/intake pipes after the AFM. I suppose it could also be early symptoms of the AFM dieing. What MY is the car??
Old 28 September 2002, 12:22 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

The car is uk my99,and havent done dump valve but have fitted boost gauge with piping to the supplied point on the intake manifold so will check to see if this can be tightened with clamp or stronger zip tie.Am confused on the way you said i can alter my idling to bring it up a little.What and where do i adjust.
Gene