Notices

Mystery bolt on EJ205 (2005 WRX)

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2021, 04:00 PM
davemar
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mystery bolt on EJ205 (2005 WRX)

I'm just putting my engine back together after doing various things, so the engine and everything came out. I've got most stuff back in the engine bay now, and have done everything under the engine (exhaust, etc), and most stuff on top, including the inlet manifold. The main things left are the throttle body, intercooler, alternator, and air intake stuff. While I tried to keep the various nuts and bolts organised, I've ended up with this mysterious one (see image). It has 14mm heads on the bolt and nut. Anyone recognise where it might go? Really hoping it not something that should be buried inside somewhere!
The engine is a standard WRX EJ205 from a 2005 Wagon.

Old 01 October 2021, 05:42 PM
Smithys STI
Scooby Regular

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by davemar
I'm just putting my engine back together after doing various things, so the engine and everything came out. I've got most stuff back in the engine bay now, and have done everything under the engine (exhaust, etc), and most stuff on top, including the inlet manifold. The main things left are the throttle body, intercooler, alternator, and air intake stuff. While I tried to keep the various nuts and bolts organised, I've ended up with this mysterious one (see image). It has 14mm heads on the bolt and nut. Anyone recognise where it might go? Really hoping it not something that should be buried inside somewhere!
The engine is a standard WRX EJ205 from a 2005 Wagon.

These don't go together, it looks like a bell housing bolt with the 2 washers that go either side of the nut and bolt at the front of the pitch mount,plus a 14mm nut which could be a turbo/ up pipe nut.
Or the washers could be the ones for the engine mountings that go between the sub frame and the nuts.

Last edited by Smithys STI; 01 October 2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01 October 2021, 05:48 PM
davemar
Scooby Regular

That's a great spot! I'd forgotten one of the bell housing bolts wasn't there, so that's solved that mystery.
Thanks for the quick response
Old 02 October 2021, 01:21 PM
davemar
Scooby Regular

It turns out the two washers are for the engine mounts under the car. Will fit them once it stops chucking it down!

Old 02 October 2021, 01:50 PM
Smithys STI
Scooby Regular

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by davemar
It turns out the two washers are for the engine mounts under the car. Will fit them once it stops chucking it down!
Result then mate