Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2021, 09:00 PM
Raff86
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Alarm/Key Issue

just picked up a blobeye today. The car came with -

1 - key which starts the car only

1 - key opens the doors only which activates central locking so everything opens with it

1 - sigma alarm fob which is broken at the rear (tab snapped off) and no battery fitted.

I have looked for the alarm keypad in the normal location by the small fuse box but this is just a pocket no keypad is there.

I have been given no keypad pin not that it would matter with there being no keypad fitted.

I’m wanting to open the car with a fob as will be easier for putting son in car, shopping etc.

What options do I have ? Would it need to be a aftermarket option with what I have available ?

Old 23 July 2021, 12:27 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Well there not standard keys, had the car been stolen recovered in the past?

Reason I ask, as if both keys are different, looks like last owner has had to replace the locks. And used to different locks. And those keys don't look like they have any chips in them too start the car.

Looks like the security system has been removed. So after market would be the way forward.
Old 23 July 2021, 11:11 AM
Raff86
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did do a hpi check and it wasn’t registered as stolen but it could have been in the past or maybe someone has damaged/lost keys etc.

I thought aftermarket may have been the only option but wanted to check first.

thanks for your reply.
Old 25 July 2021, 11:35 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

The Subaru keys like most have a chip in them to speak to the immobiliser, which lets you start the car. Yours keys just look like standard spare keys, with no chip in them.

I think its been broken into, and door lock and ignition lock have been damaged, and the locks have been replaced, as both locks should use the same key.

Also as the keys don't have chips in them and the sigma alarm looks to be not in use, i think they have bypassed the immobiliser somehow. Best way to check is get the ignition key copied, with just a standard spare key, and if it works with starting the car, then you 100% know, there is no security on the car, so I'd opt for a full new security system which will also give you remote central locking aswell.