Notices

Sti 01/P0230 engine stall, bucking and some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2020, 07:17 AM
chakko
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti 01/P0230 engine stall, bucking and some questions...

Hi,
first of iam from Germany so sorry for my bad English.

iam having some problems with my 2001/2002 sti Bugeye and would appreciate some thoughts and infos from you guys.

I bought the car in October 2018 and immediately started to fix some parts because of rust, changed the wheels and waited for the German tüv to get it all legalized. So I drove only ~500 miles until the car got a tune in April last Year.

Before the mapping i installed a hrc 340lph fuelpump. After the mapping i felt a stuttering in all gears when i pushed the gas a bit harder around 2000rpm. But the car was running fine, the only issue I had was that was not much boost and the maf only got ~215g/sec. So I bought a 200 cell hjs cat, installed a new downpipe and went again to the TÜV to get it legalized. So on my way to the tüv the car suddenly stalled while i was driving around 45km/h in the city. Not pushing hard or something like that.

The ECU told me there was a problem with the fuelpump control unit. And there my problems really started to be annoying...the routine was to delete the fault, drive around, engine stall, delete the fault, drive around, engine stall...

Then i started to change some parts to get it fixed. I changed the fuelpump controller against a used one from eBay, changed the fuelpump relay, the main relay, the hrc 340lph against another hrc 340lph and checked the wiring from back to front. But nothing helped.

Then i realized that it's always stalling when the ECU started to adopt the learning values after the reset. So i cleaned the maf and now it didn't stalled for the first time after 20-30miles. So i made a new date with my mapper to get a new map to get the car finalized. After the new map was uploaded, the car stall again, and one day later again...

Now i have no idea what the issue could be. The mapper says i should try a smaller fuelpump like a 255lph, walbro or hrc or maybe deatschwerks.

Anyone ever experienced some issues with the big hrc pump? I think the pump is absolutely overkill for my little tune but could that be the problem?

The other thing is that i checked the map he put on my car and compared it to the map that was on the car when i bought it and to the oem map. The map that was installed and the oem shares the same infos like ECU, model and inherits. The map from my mapper is a map with a different ECU number and say it's from a 03 model. Could that be a problem also? Iam not sure if i should simply upload the old map and give it a try.

So that was hard to write in English, but here in Germany everyone I ask is only shrugging the shoulders....

Best regards and thank you in advance!!

Last edited by chakko; 14 May 2020 at 07:20 AM.