head options for 2.1 stroker or 2.35 in hawk sti - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Technical / Subaru Modifications > General Technical
Reload this Page >

head options for 2.1 stroker or 2.35 in hawk sti

Notices

head options for 2.1 stroker or 2.35 in hawk sti

Old 03 February 2019, 04:51 PM
  #1  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,996
Default head options for 2.1 stroker or 2.35 in hawk sti

if somebody went for a 2.1 stroker (2.0 block) or a 2.35 (ej22 block) in a hawk sti what would be their options for heads as i believe the original 2.5 heads would no longer be of use?
the shreksta is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 06:06 PM
  #2  
Russell38
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Kent
Posts: 171
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
if somebody went for a 2.1 stroker (2.0 block) or a 2.35 (ej22 block) in a hawk sti what would be their options for heads as i believe the original 2.5 heads would no longer be of use?
Jdm big port would probably be the best option then 2.0 sti but finding a decent set can be hard work these days shreksta
Russell38 is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 06:10 PM
  #3  
S744hdv
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 488
Default

Not hard to find.....you've just got to pay the monies.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272558085263
S744hdv is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 06:12 PM
  #4  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,996
Default

Originally Posted by Russell38 View Post
Jdm big port would probably be the best option then 2.0 sti but finding a decent set can be hard work these days shreksta
but that wouldnt work with my car would it?

i believe that i wouldnt be able to match up the cam triggers. on my 2.5 DBW they are 3 wire and the 2.0 are 2 wire. also the 2.0 have a L/H cam pulley trigger which mine does not have.

i know if syvecs was being used it wouldnt be an issue

the shreksta is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 06:17 PM
  #5  
wrx2005
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: manchester
Posts: 107
Default

Build a reliable nice to drive road car, stop chasing figures.
big power is big money and loses driveabilty.
if it's a road car do you need 500 plus bhp and difficult clutches and other associated issues?
bpr has the best idea for a fast road car I've seen for a long time.

wrx2005 is online now  
Old 03 February 2019, 06:21 PM
  #6  
Russell38
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Kent
Posts: 171
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
but that wouldnt work with my car would it?

i believe that i wouldnt be able to match up the cam triggers. on my 2.5 DBW they are 3 wire and the 2.0 are 2 wire. also the 2.0 have a L/H cam pulley trigger which mine does not have.

i know if syvecs was being used it wouldnt be an issue
Speak to your chosen builder Shreksta and they will advise you as I am not entirely sure
Russell38 is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 06:33 PM
  #7  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,996
Default

Originally Posted by Russell38 View Post
Speak to your chosen builder Shreksta and they will advise you as I am not entirely sure
im awaiting a few quotes to come back as we speak buddy, just wondered what my options are if i really wanted to get rid of the 2.5
the shreksta is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 08:21 PM
  #8  
stockcar
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: north east
Posts: 5,308
Default

For a road car a well built / machined 2.5 is where its at IMO..........
stockcar is offline  
Old 03 February 2019, 08:26 PM
  #9  
wrx2005
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: manchester
Posts: 107
Default

Originally Posted by stockcar View Post
For a road car a well built / machined 2.5 is where its at IMO..........
kind of my point, chasing numbers or owning a drivable car.
a built 2.5 around 450 bhp is an enjoyable,drivable relatively reliable road weapon.
wrx2005 is online now  
Old 04 February 2019, 06:50 AM
  #10  
domino46
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: www.bbscoobys.com
Posts: 2,481
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
im awaiting a few quotes to come back as we speak buddy, just wondered what my options are if i really wanted to get rid of the 2.5

you can't beat a properly built 2.5 mate ,, awesome torque where its needed in a road car ,,, who revs there car to 8-9k on the road anyway lol
domino46 is offline  
Old 04 February 2019, 10:43 AM
  #11  
stockcar
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: north east
Posts: 5,308
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
im awaiting a few quotes to come back as we speak buddy, just wondered what my options are if i really wanted to get rid of the 2.5
if your serious about 2.35 then i can put you in touch with a customer that we have just built a fresh 2.35 including flowed / cammed V25 heads & sensors so straight drop-in...........
stockcar is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
[email protected] Developments
Full Cars Breaking For Spares
1
23 September 2018 09:03 PM
Rob Day
General Technical
9
03 July 2013 10:41 PM
riza
General Technical
4
26 September 2012 08:44 PM
masterx81
General Technical
2
20 December 2009 01:17 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: head options for 2.1 stroker or 2.35 in hawk sti


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.