Weird oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2018, 11:51 PM
MaxxAction
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird oil leak

Hey y'all...

I apologize, this is my first thread, and I know people who sign up for forums and ask questions and never come back, but I am at my wit's end trying to figure out my son's 07 Impreza sport, 2.5 sohc issue.

It started leaking oil a couple months back, and got progressively worse, then last week it really let go. He lost a quart of oil over about 8 miles from work to home. After getting it in the air, we figured out that the majority of the oil was coming from the head gaskets. So we pulled the motor and changed the head gaskets. They no longer leak, but we have another issue.

The VVL solenoid on the passenger side started leaking badly right out the case of the solenoid. So, I bought a Dorman Replacement from O'Reilly auto parts. It leaked, pretty bad, around where the solenoid goes into the end of the head. Put a bigger o-ring on it, slowed it down some, but still leaking badly. Tried a thicker oring, so big I could barely insert it, still leaking.

It's almost like it's got too much oil pressure. I don't know how that could be true, but as soon as you drive it, it soaks the end of the head, drips down on the exhaust, and smoke and oil everywhere.

I am pulling what little hair I have left out, he has to start class tuesday morning, and I gotta get this thing fixed.

Has anyone ever seen such a thing?
Old 27 August 2018, 12:55 AM
MaxxAction
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NVM....

SMH.

He had changed the pressure senders right after it started leaking, over tightened that one, and cracked the block. Off to the store for some JB weld.
Old 27 August 2018, 06:01 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Sounds a nightmare. Where are you located?