Notices

weird coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2009, 02:41 PM
legacytt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird coolant leak

hi wonder if anyone on here has had this happen to them it seems im leaking coolant not a lot it seems to be sitting on top of no3 cylinder just down where the header tank bottom pipe goes into the engine theres also a thinner metal pipe that goes along there and it goes over the top of where the coolant is sitting now ive had the car running and cant see any leaks went and did a 30 mile run came back and it was gone but when i look again in the morning there is a tiny pool of coolant sitting there its doing my head in but dont seem to have lost any looking at the header tank and reservoir any ideas i just cant get my hand in without taking the header tank out to feel for any wet pipes is there anything else around there i should look at thanks.
Old 27 March 2009, 03:22 PM
MostlyMonki
Scooby Newbie

could be one of the metal pipes that runs accross the block, a friend of mine had it where those pipes had rusted through around the welds (where they mount to the block).... saying that though you'd notice once the car heats up as it would **** out. could just be one of the hoses on the header is a bit lose!?
Old 27 March 2009, 03:26 PM
legacytt
Scooby Regular

i thought of that as i changed the header tank over as it was rusted and leaking so i might have moved the bottom pipe a bit when i changed them over when i get a dry day will remove the header tank and feel around that pipe cheers.

Last edited by legacytt; 27 March 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 27 March 2009, 03:33 PM
legacytt
Scooby Regular

now heres a thought the original header tank had a 1.3 bar cap and when i changed over i used the 0.9 bar cap that was with it would that make any difference if there wasnt a leak before.