Catch cans for my hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2018, 06:57 AM
si_pow
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch cans for my hawkeye

Hi

I want to fit a catch can on my 07 hawk but after reading through a few different forums im a bit confused. Some people say I need 2 catch cans, some people say vent to atmosphere, some say blank the pcv? Others say no to all of this.

I dont really want to spend £300 on a kit from RCM so was going to try and get hose and tanks myself and make my own kit.

All the videos ive seen online seem to show different methods

Can anyone help confirm which way i should be doing this?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Old 29 January 2018, 09:26 AM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's just for mainly road use/occasional track then all you need to do is install the can into the pipework running back to the turbo intake pipe, the system then works as standard. I have two cans but one is ok if space is an issue. It's important to have some sort of gauze in the cans to aid filtration and also best if drainable.
On my car the head breathers never produce anything but I get small amounts from the crank on normal driving and even on track but launching for 1/4mile can is half full after 3 or 4 starts.
Trev
Old 29 January 2018, 11:00 AM
si_pow
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by trevsjwood
If it's just for mainly road use/occasional track then all you need to do is install the can into the pipework running back to the turbo intake pipe, the system then works as standard. I have two cans but one is ok if space is an issue. It's important to have some sort of gauze in the cans to aid filtration and also best if drainable.
On my car the head breathers never produce anything but I get small amounts from the crank on normal driving and even on track but launching for 1/4mile can is half full after 3 or 4 starts.
Trev
I was hoping youd comment. I did a search and notificed youd had some experience with this.
Space isnt really an issue at the min so I'll get the 2 as you have.
Do i just use 2 cans with 2 ports? The part that confused me is i read that there is 2 head breathers to T from, and 1 from the crank case. But where would these flow back to?
sorry for the 101 qustions. Searching for this has confused me more and more everytime ive read a different way of doing it. If you can advise how youve routed yours and I'll just follow your instruction

thanks for the help mate. Appreciate it
Old 29 January 2018, 11:26 AM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

no prob mate, I use 2 port cans so the head breathers T or Y down to one port on catch can and outlet port connects up to single port on turbo intake, so inline. The crank just connects up to 'in' port and the other port is connected back to it's normal turbo intake connection. So in effect you're just inserting the catch cans into the normal breather routing, with extra pipe as required.
Trev
Old 29 January 2018, 01:13 PM
si_pow
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by trevsjwood
Trev
Brilliant thanks a lot for the help mate.

now to find some cans that wont cost a fortune
Old 30 January 2018, 11:30 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a similar question on the general board.
When i was looking it a catch can i found this guide really useful:
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...l#post11865770