NOS - Fogger Install

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2015, 08:38 AM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS - Fogger Install

Hello,

I got a NOS Wet Kit on it's way. (Sniper or NOS from Holley).

What is the minimum Distance on which I have to mount the Fogger ? Distance is taken from the base of the throttle body. I saw for naturally aspirated engines is 5 inches - 7 inches.

Is turbo the same or less?

I am running top mount intecooler and therefore that 5 inches is non'existent. I was planning to add it just after the intercooler,in the intercooler exit pipe. this distance is about 3 inches away from the throttle body.

Also does fogger needs to be vertically installed? I would add it from the bottom of the pipes because it's more hidden, and keeps engine bay more standard.

Kind Regards,
Old 09 January 2015, 02:08 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

We have used NOS Wet Kit(Sniper too),but we have used FMIC and not TMIC

Here is the picture

Some people mounted Fogger to intake manifold(you will need to drill holes to Intake manifold),but this will depends what power are you thinking to run on jet,we run 25bhp and then 80bhp NOS jet

And what ECU you will be running ?

Hope this help

Thanks,Jura
Old 09 January 2015, 05:27 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would fit the jet in the front side of the intercooler, left of the throttlebody. You could fit on the underside front of the intercooler but accessability isn't as good.
Trev
Old 09 January 2015, 05:42 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

i measured, I have about 3 inches if i mount it just at the exit of the top mount intercooler.

@jura11 i see yours is at about 2-3 inches i would think. so probably that is what need to do. I believe i might get away without moving back the intercooler.

ECU wise, I use apexi power fc, and I am making a joint/piggyback with an Arduino micro-controller which I will program on progressive feeding in of the n2o and fuel + will program different power shots depending on gear and engine rpm. In the beginning till I sort my program right we start with 25 jets and will keep going up to the 75 jets.

who installed yours if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

Last edited by gaborpapp; 09 January 2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09 January 2015, 06:01 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

Most of NOS installers will recommend you mount NOS fogger close to Throttle Body,but on some cars you can go away mounting fogger to the Intake manifold,friend in USA running multiple foggers mounted in individual runners,its bit complicated system,but what I've seen working pretty well on his car

Second bit,Apexi PFC and NOS,if you are happy to switch maps(upload maps after NOS will run out) then yours system should work... Yes 25hp shot should be enough for yours needs and you will love NOS,we are run only 25hp shot from start and has been awesome there

Installed for us Neil@Slowboy racing and mapped NOS Duncan@Race Dynamix,he run NOS on his car and he have pretty good experience with NOS mapping and he at least hasn't been scare to map NOS on open road,I would speak with Duncan about the NOS mapping or Paul@Zen

And about the good installer I would speak with Nev@F1 Moto(01474850850),he is located at West Kingsdown,its very near motorway

Hope this help

Thanks,Jura
Old 09 January 2015, 06:27 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

@Jura. Neil done my map, and will stick with him regarding the install too and remap too, presumably he will come to do it on the dyno this time.

I was just unsure about the distance from throttle body to fogger.

So i`m glad Neil had some experience with this before.
He already had a good idea about how we can control the solenoids using the apexi while Duncan, is good mapper: but in my opinion he is an ashole just because he always wants to sell his ESL to me. And this was before NOS or and stuff, i just wanted a map.

He can't understand that If I want Apexi on my car, I don't like people coming and trying to sell me their stuff. I know is ESL is better, but I have my own principles and those are that I want myself the handcomander and it's name. At least Neil from slowboy can respect that decision and works around that unlike the other mappers who are too good nowadays to work with Apexis.

Thanks for the pictures Will be doing something similar. Now waiting for YODEL to deliver my parcel as them idiots managed to lose it.
Old 09 January 2015, 06:38 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

Agree I would stick with Neil,he mapped our wagon too on OE ECU,when we are went with Syvecs,he hasn't mapped previously Syvecs,but he done few tweaks on Syvecs for us on several occasions when we are have few issues with idle

Yes Neil done full installation of the NOS kit and just few doors away is Nev@F1 MOTO,he is real legend with NOS,if yours ECU can control or at least you can have several maps or do you have FC Datalogit,with which you can upload and map the PFC then you should be OK

I know only handful mappers which still map PFC and I know Neil he is very good mapper and we are always has been happy with his mapping

With NOS fitting etc I would go with Neil,if I would go again with NOS and if I would have Subaru again

Good luck there

Thanks,Jura
Old 09 January 2015, 08:49 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Awesome stuff there Jura.

Perfect. and yes Neil`s map is good. but he doesn't like to go to the dyno as it's more time consuming. I will need to convience him lol )

No FC datalogit for now. Might buy if i`ll ever found some. If not I just stick with what I have and we work it out from there. I know people say you need to retard timing and stuff, but just as well I think you can put ****loads of fuel in there and that will keep knocks away. Anyway that is down to who will map it.

Defo will have a look at Nev too.

Lastly:

do you know about where to refil the bottle? I believe there is a shop in ilford, but don't seem to find them.
Old 09 January 2015, 11:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

I think Nev@F1 Moto still refilling NOS and I think refill of the 12Lbs Bottle cost around £50 what I know,but I will speak with Nev and Neil,Neil should confirm this

And if doesn't refill NOS bottles then I think you need to speak with WON or any other Nitrous supplier,I will check with few friends and let you know

Agree about the Neil and yes he doesn't like the mapping on RR,I think is down to the time,he doesn't have too much time for doing this as he travelling and have family

What I've check our Syvecs old map,there is only difference in the Ignition map,is different to normal V-Power or Meth map and fuel map is too same,but this can be down,because we are run WET system and not DRY

Hope this help and good luck there

Thanks,Jura
Old 01 February 2015, 06:50 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

so my kit finally arrived. (NX one because sniper one got lost by yodel).

can't wait now for some warmer weather and off i go to install it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg0o5ctpzl...01-27.jpg?dl=0