Notices

turbo gauge

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2014, 09:42 PM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo gauge

Okie so fitted a turbo gauge to my Subaru Impreza uk 2000 turbo as alot of people keep asking me what shes kicking out. And I wasn't sure
anyway Just wanted to know what it should when I get into my car the gauge reads 0 then when I start her the needle drops down to 20, then when im flooring it the needle goes up to the other 20. I'm not exactly sure if this a correct. Obviously my reading is, but is it normal for it to drop etc im hoping someone will get my drift
Old 26 November 2014, 10:47 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tara-louise
Okie so fitted a turbo gauge to my Subaru Impreza uk 2000 turbo as alot of people keep asking me what shes kicking out. And I wasn't sure
anyway Just wanted to know what it should when I get into my car the gauge reads 0 then when I start her the needle drops down to 20, then when im flooring it the needle goes up to the other 20. I'm not exactly sure if this a correct. Obviously my reading is, but is it normal for it to drop etc im hoping someone will get my drift
When your engine is on tickover or on light throttle you gauge will correctly read below zero as its not making any boost and is actually in vacuum. To test your boost correctly have somebody watch your gauge as you accelerate in 3rd or 4th gear and see where the needle holds when your revs are up.

What gauge have you fitted ??? 20 on the gauge is probably 20 psi which is roughly 1.38 bar.
Old 27 November 2014, 07:36 PM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dubzy
When your engine is on tickover or on light throttle you gauge will correctly read below zero as its not making any boost and is actually in vacuum. To test your boost correctly have somebody watch your gauge as you accelerate in 3rd or 4th gear and see where the needle holds when your revs are up.

What gauge have you fitted ??? 20 on the gauge is probably 20 psi which is roughly 1.38 bar.
I'm not sure as it came with the car just wasn't fitted but it sits in drivers window, n yea one side says psi n the other is letters in?? Something like that anyway. X
Old 27 November 2014, 07:59 PM
piehole1983
Scooby Regular

The lower side is vacuum and is measured in inches of mercury, down to 30 I believe and the high side is pounds per square inch (PSI).
Old 27 November 2014, 08:11 PM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by piehole1983
The lower side is vacuum and is measured in inches of mercury, down to 30 I believe and the high side is pounds per square inch (PSI).
This may seem like a dumb question but I need to know on my gauge I have big black lines it top and little blacks lines under neath which ones would I read, xx
Old 27 November 2014, 10:14 PM
piehole1983
Scooby Regular

Can you take a photo? The maximum turbo boost will be indicated by the positive value, like you already said 20psi or so.