Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

some info needed please

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2014, 10:08 PM
leescoobynut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some info needed please

Im going to be getting another scooby after regretting selling my last one but I have a slight problem, now I know ive put alittle timber on but I could just about do the seat belt up, the car I looked at is an classic jap import, but so was my other one and I had plenty of seat belt room, my question is, is it possible that the seat belts in imports are shorter than normal, and could the uk ones be longer cause I will need to sort it out.any help and I would be greatfull.cheers
Old 25 January 2014, 01:46 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leescoobynut
Im going to be getting another scooby after regretting selling my last one but I have a slight problem, now I know ive put alittle timber on but I could just about do the seat belt up, the car I looked at is an classic jap import, but so was my other one and I had plenty of seat belt room, my question is, is it possible that the seat belts in imports are shorter than normal, and could the uk ones be longer cause I will need to sort it out.any help and I would be greatfull.cheers
Probably,japs are only skinny lol. You sure it wasn't bitting before being fully out.go sit in another one
Old 25 January 2014, 02:37 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

You can get extenders but I can't vouch for their safety.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-36cm-C...p2054897.l4275

This one is E4 Safety Certified. Whatever that means.

20cm Car Seat Belt Extender - Type A (21mm wide metal tongue) - E4 Safety Certified - Clicks Right In!: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike 20cm Car Seat Belt Extender - Type A (21mm wide metal tongue) - E4 Safety Certified - Clicks Right In!: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Old 25 January 2014, 02:53 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
^^ problem solved! I love simple inventions that work so well! And If ones not enough buy two
Old 25 January 2014, 09:32 AM
leescoobynut
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies,I thought that my self about them being skinny so the belts would be smaller,I might see if I can get a UK belt and see if thats longer,but in the mean time I guess the exstender will do for now thanks for the help,only 7days to go before I pick it up
Old 25 January 2014, 09:42 AM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Maybe worth a trip to a scrappy, you could possibly fit a belt out of any car? You may just need to change the clips as well.
Old 25 January 2014, 10:56 AM
leescoobynut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet
Maybe worth a trip to a scrappy, you could possibly fit a belt out of any car? You may just need to change the clips as well.
Where are there Any scrap yards now days I'm in romford where would the nearest one be,also what clips are you referring to.cheers
Old 25 January 2014, 12:06 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

There is Brentwood auto breakers, near Mountnessing windmill and you always have templefarm in stock, just out side Chelmsford. If you could install a belt out of a different make car you made need the part the seat belt clips in to.
Nesc also have some scrap yards around Hockley way I think, they used to have a Japanese yard but merged it with they're euro yard I think, could be worth giving them a call. I hope this helps.
Old 25 January 2014, 03:18 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Where are there Any scrap yards now days I'm in romford where would the nearest one be,also what clips are you referring to.cheers
Ring someone like gradeA subaru breakers,they'll tell you if any differences too.
Old 25 January 2014, 03:20 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet
Yes clip & buckle have to match
Old 25 January 2014, 03:20 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies,I thought that my self about them being skinny so the belts would be smaller,I might see if I can get a UK belt and see if thats longer,but in the mean time I guess the exstender will do for now thanks for the help,only 7days to go before I pick it up
Old 25 January 2014, 03:33 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem with my classic turbo 2000 uk model so I got another one of these>

Then cut the end off so it looked like this >

Then I drilled a hole in the end of it and removed the full one from my seat and bolted it to this so it acted as an extention, something like this>

Old 25 January 2014, 06:54 PM
leescoobynut
Scooby Regular

I just had a thought my old scooby had the arm rest with storage so was alot higher, so just thought was the clip from the seat abit higher due to the arm rest,this might be why the old one fitted, this new scooby doesnt have the arm rest so maybe its a shorter clip, could this be a possibility. ?