Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Impreza 555 R Special Edition (97 P reg)

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2010, 12:37 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza 555 R Special Edition (97 P reg)

Hi, I've been offered a P Reg Version 3 Subaru Impreza Type R 555 Special Edition in exchange for my Focus ST that I am selling and I do not know a lot about 'scoobies'.

Can anyone help? I have pictures of the car but cant work out how to put them on here. To me the car sounds too good to be true????

The following info has been given to me by the owner:

P Reg Version 3 Subaru Impreza Type R 555 Special Edition! 12 Months MOT & 6 months Tax! Only done a genuine 39000 miles! Running over 330bhp. O-60 in 4.5 secs. Cat 1 Thatcham Alarm & immobiliser! Brand New Exedy clutch, brake pads, air flow meter & full respray in candy yellow this month! 17" Alloys, Full
exhaust system, Angel Eye Headlights, Lexus Rear lights, Full Body kit, roof scoop, mud flaps, etc etc! Currently still being sprayed & will be in mint condition! Only having respray has paint was faded slightly. Car runs perfect & everything is mechanically & electrically sound!

brand new tax & mot, brand new clutch & air flow meter,

Previous MOT Certificated & documentation proving mileage! Also import details I think which show the car was imported 2 years ago with 27000 mileage on it! I have Thousands of pounds worth of receipts in a folder to! Also have the last MOT failure sheet which shows that the car only failed on front break pads, 1 x tyre & the horn! which proves the car is in mint condition.

Old 01 September 2010, 12:42 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

Picture of the car is my profile pic
Old 01 September 2010, 12:44 PM
KickboxingCrazy
Scooby Regular

well firstly the type R is 2 door and has an adjustable center differential, which you can adjust from mostly front to mostly rear wheel drive or 50-50. thats very low miles tbh for such an old car id be wary especially as it sounds like a youth has got hold of it with lexus lights and angel eyes! and the fact its having a RESPRAY :S

check the engine for any rattles or smoke as you know the big end bearing is the thing to look out for!
Old 01 September 2010, 12:45 PM
KickboxingCrazy
Scooby Regular

double post
Old 01 September 2010, 01:00 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

ask what mods hes done to get 330 bhp

Personally, I would never buy a car thats just had a respray, I mean who in there right mind would spend upwards of £1000 on it and then decide to sell before its finished ?
Old 01 September 2010, 01:16 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

to post pics, first open a www.photobucket.com account .

Upload the pictures to photobucket, then copy the [ img] image tags and put them in your reply.

Posting a pic is as easy as that

personally, I don't really like non-standard coloured cars, unless it is specifically for racing etc and as has been said above, angel eye lights and lexus rear lights are not really top choice IMO .

You'll also find that the Lexus rear lights are not usually E marked, so are actually illegal on that car (from what I have read).

And as Stef has said, why spend on a respray to get rid of the car, and how good will the spray job be to get rid of the car ? If it were me, I'd negotiate money off the spray cost and then take it to get done myself, that way you'll have some comeback with whatever bodyshop you choose to do the work.
Old 01 September 2010, 01:16 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

to post pics, first open a www.photobucket.com account .

Upload the pictures to photobucket, then copy the [ img] image tags and put them in your reply.

Posting a pic is as easy as that

personally, I don't really like non-standard coloured cars, unless it is specifically for racing etc and as has been said above, angel eye lights and lexus rear lights are not really top choice IMO .

You'll also find that the Lexus rear lights are not usually E marked, so are actually illegal on that car (from what I have read).

And as Stef has said, why spend on a respray to get rid of the car, and how good will the spray job be to get rid of the car ? If it were me, I'd negotiate money off the spray cost and then take it to get done myself, that way you'll have some comeback with whatever bodyshop you choose to do the work.

Last edited by Nate; 01 September 2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: NO EDIT - Jusr pointing out the GREAT, Scoobynet Double Post Feature, that they cannot sort out !!!!!!
Old 01 September 2010, 01:55 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

The car has already been sprayed and the original decals are going on it today. The seller says that he has a new baby so thats why he is selling.

If the car is as he says it is what sort of value would it be? I've only found a few of this model for sale online and they range from £5k to £6k.
Old 01 September 2010, 02:03 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

http://s1047.photobucket.com/albums/b475/piggy-78/
Old 01 September 2010, 02:03 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Piggy78

The car has already been sprayed and the original decals are going on it today. The seller says that he has a new baby so thats why he is selling..
A that old chestnut

If the car is as he says it is what sort of value would it be? I've only found a few of this model for sale online and they range from £5k to £6k.
Depends really, do you see the mods as adding value or decreasing it ?

Personally I would go for the later, unless lexus lights is your thing Again ask him for a full engine spec.

Also how much are you selling your ST for and what is he offering if you dont mind me asking ?
Old 01 September 2010, 02:08 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stef_2010
A that old chestnut

Depends really, do you see the mods as adding value or decreasing it ?

Personally I would go for the later, unless lexus lights is your thing Again ask him for a full engine spec.

Also how much are you selling your ST for and what is he offering if you dont mind me asking ?
My ST is a 55 plate 5 door in colorado red with 50k miles. It has an ESP fault which is going to cost up to 1500 for Ford to repair. I'm after 8k for it. He has offered me his car plus 1500 for mine
Old 01 September 2010, 02:08 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Just had a look at the pics, exactly the same as mine (model anyway)

I paid 5K for mine a few months ago with more miles on the clock, if it is genuine milage the she could be a good one

If you've never owned a scooby before you're going to love it I did anyway
Old 01 September 2010, 02:10 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

My ST is a 55 plate 5 door in colorado red with 50k miles. It has an ESP fault which is going to cost up to 1500 for Ford to repair. I'm after 8k for it. He has offered me his car plus 1500 for mine
Maybe try and push him to 2K, obviously depending on what everythings like when you go and have a nosey.
Old 01 September 2010, 02:19 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

trouble is the car is in wales!!
Old 01 September 2010, 02:26 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Body kits, and all that tacky light stuff, adds no value, and probably lowers it's value.

Private sale value for your is approx £7500. so if needing £1500 of repairs, then £6K.
Scoob, worth no more than £4.5k, + £1.5k. Guess it's about right.
Old 01 September 2010, 02:31 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
Body kits, and all that tacky light stuff, adds no value, and probably lowers it's value.

Private sale value for your is approx £7500. so if needing £1500 of repairs, then £6K.
Scoob, worth no more than £4.5k, + £1.5k. Guess it's about right.
Mine is an ST-2 so private sale is more than that. My car is in near mint condition apart from the fault. Wheels fully re-finished as a couple had small kerb damage. Ford would sell the car for over 9500. But price for the scoob helpful, thanks
Old 01 September 2010, 02:48 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

So, let me get this right.

They are having a baby, and instead of getting a cheaper car, they are spending on a car, the excuse doesn't add up
Old 01 September 2010, 02:52 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Mine is an ST-2 so private sale is more than that. My car is in near mint condition apart from the fault. Wheels fully re-finished as a couple had small kerb damage. Ford would sell the car for over 9500. But price for the scoob helpful, thanks
Ok, then add £500 to the value of yours. Your selling privately, so what Ford would sell it for is irrelevant.
You need scoob + £2000.
But, both cars are a risk, yours has a fault, and no absolute guarantee to the cost of repairs. The scoob, from the pics and your description could turn out to be dubious. (It could also still be very good, if the style things are your taste.)

Personally, i'd take your car to a good independent garage and get a quote to fix it. I suspect it will be less than a Ford garage, and you will sell a fault free car far easier.

Sorry if I sound negative, but this has high risk written all over it. And so personally I would avoid, especially if you are not 100% certain what to look at on a second-hand scoob.
Old 01 September 2010, 03:01 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

The info on the scooby is helpful. Dont worry about sounding negative. Thats why I'm on here as I'm not really looking for a suburu. I just thought it would be easier to sell than my car. The price for my car is not what I'm on here for.
Old 01 September 2010, 06:12 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

hold out and sell your car if all you want to do is sell the scoob on. Cant see that selling easily, why does he want to PX? for that reason maybe.
Old 01 September 2010, 08:42 PM
Piggy78
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for everyone's input. really helpful.