Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Football Violence - Alive and Well!

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2007, 01:18 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Football Violence - Alive and Well!

I really can’t believe this;

Simon and Andrea have just got back from Simon’s U13’s football match, the game had to be abandoned, for violence conduct!

Not the kids but one of the opposition’s dads got upset with his lads team manager and attacked him! Left him lying on the on the floor unconscious and twitching.
Ambulance was on it’s way when they left, and Simon may have to be a witness, once the police are involved.

Then the other teams parents requested that the match result be declared finished rather than abandoned so that it is not reported to the FA. Why? Because they got thrown out of the league last year because,……..
yep you’ve guessed it one of there parents attacked one of the opposition parents.

This isn’t really a surprise, I have been to several of these games and the venom that comes out of the parents is hard to believe, especially the mums!
Old 25 November 2007, 02:34 PM
essexboy30
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
I really can’t believe this;

Simon and Andrea have just got back from Simon’s U13’s football match, the game had to be abandoned, for violence conduct!

Not the kids but one of the opposition’s dads got upset with his lads team manager and attacked him! Left him lying on the on the floor unconscious and twitching.
Ambulance was on it’s way when they left, and Simon may have to be a witness, once the police are involved.

Then the other teams parents requested that the match result be declared finished rather than abandoned so that it is not reported to the FA. Why? Because they got thrown out of the league last year because,……..
yep you’ve guessed it one of there parents attacked one of the opposition parents.

This isn’t really a surprise, I have been to several of these games and the venom that comes out of the parents is hard to believe, especially the mums!
I Was wooried about your car not the safety of A & Simon...
Old 25 November 2007, 02:51 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Default ffs !!

Now that's not good

Feel sorry for Simon for having to witness something like this
Old 25 November 2007, 03:13 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a match abadoned when i was playing once when the linesman (one of the oppositions dads) smacked one of our players round the head with his flag!!

All kicked off after that, think it was against Aveley from memory
Old 25 November 2007, 04:28 PM
djtempah
Scooby Regular

it must be a common thing because about 2 yrs ago i had a match against a team where the ref decided 2 send of 4 of our players book 4 of them and the linesman then resulted in 1 of our parents attacking the ref although we did win 5-0 even wid 8 players, then last year we was cheated out of the cup by a team and it ended up in a 22 man punch up then into 30 as the parents got involved. i mean under 13's football shudnt have that sort of thing. its apooling and should be reported to the FA.
Old 25 November 2007, 05:41 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Anyone get it on tape ...... Send it to Harry Hill to receive £250

Old 25 November 2007, 06:12 PM
ThE RoChFoRd OnE!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
Anyone get it on tape ...... Send it to Harry Hill to receive £250

Bet your searching you tube as I type

Unfortunately this is very common in childrens football. Rarely is it the kids you can bet 9 out of ten times it will be the parents

Masons club have a very strict policy which includes no foul language/violence and over the last 3yrs it's worked really well.

Hope the chap involved is Ok and makes a speedy recovery.
Old 25 November 2007, 07:50 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ThE RoChFoRd OnE!
Masons club have a very strict policy which includes no foul language/violence and over the last 3yrs it's worked really well.

So how does the funny hand shake go then ?
Old 25 November 2007, 08:00 PM
DJ Swede
Scooby Newbie

Hi guys,

Being the Chairperson of Focus Ferrers F.C. Chartered Standard Community Club of South Woodham Ferrers we have had the same problem recently with our U13 side. As the opposition were losing at our home match the boys began spitting at our players and calling them disgusting names (the "c" word) etc. When the game was over one of their players followed one of our players home and beat him up very badly. This is children's football, what is the world coming to. We don't have this kind of trouble with our Mens Teams!! I believe that it is the parents that inflame things with kids of this age and it needs to be stamped out once and for all. Within our club we do not stand for bullying, swearing, racism, fighting and shouting/coaching from the side lines by parents either. The manager of the team is the one who coaches the players and the manager only. Yes you can cheer on your kids and your team but that is all. Once parents get involved in coaching from the side lines that is when tempers get inflamed.

I'll get off my soap box now and go and watch corry!!!

Mrs D J Swede
Old 25 November 2007, 08:16 PM
SCOTT1E
Scooby Regular

There's just no need for it. So much for being a role model. Thats why some kids end up in trouble with the police.

Scotty.
Old 26 November 2007, 06:27 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Default Quick Update

We heard today that the manager was released from hospital yesterday pm, bruised and with concusion.

No news yet re. police and the syco dad.

Not sure I feel any better about this hearing that is not at all uncommon

Supercue (TRO), I think you are near to me(Hockley), what team does your son play for?
Old 27 November 2007, 10:12 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Focus Ferrers F.C. Chartered Standard Community Club of South Woodham Ferrers
i bet the engraver hates it when you lot win the cup!!! lol
Old 27 November 2007, 05:47 PM
ThE RoChFoRd OnE!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
We heard today that the manager was released from hospital yesterday pm, bruised and with concusion.

No news yet re. police and the syco dad.

Not sure I feel any better about this hearing that is not at all uncommon

Supercue (TRO), I think you are near to me(Hockley), what team does your son play for?
Glad to hear he is Ok.
Mason plays for Hambro Colts. They play at Roche Way in Rochford but train in Rayleigh next to the Cricket Club on Raweth Lane on Saturdays. Their website is down at present otherwise I would point you there but if you want contact details let me know and I'll find some numbers for you.