Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

FAO JGM my99 eculabs uk2000

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2014, 01:17 AM
large1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO JGM my99 eculabs uk2000

hi simon, just been looking at the eculabs for the my99 classics, is there any news simon on your prices for this?? it looks cheaper than the ecutek, I believe you've started using it but its not on your website yet, just interested in prices compared to ecutek

this was the site I used there not far from you,
http://www.mocomracing.com/product_d...2&cat=35&sub=0

got my vf28 on the way so im not far from getting my e3 ecu mapped

thanx in advance si

regards mick

Last edited by large1; 19 February 2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 19 February 2014, 06:40 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to and still considering it.

The ecus have to be sent to france to have it loaded beforehand so means having a stock of then to limit disruption to customers and just exchange ecus.

With vat and mapping prices wasnt dissimilar to ecutek assuming the most attractive features were wanted which is another minor issue as I cant see having a number of ecus in various option states just sat here.

I also considered buy a 99 to play on to test it out as I don't like selling something I havent exhaustedly tested which has been a time thing, not had time to look into it further.

Simon
Old 19 February 2014, 11:00 AM
large1
Scooby Newbie

ok si, i didnt relise they had to be sent to france, i have a spare e3 ecu which i only paid £30 for as if i sell my car once done ill return it back to standard, yeah it sounds abit of a faff, id only really want the basic maf with maybe a multimap feature as im not going over the top with my car,

if i sent it off and then got you to map etc what cost is incurred??

still contemplating a apexi if i can get 1, as the resale value is better, but i believe 3 wires need changing for the uk2000

off topic si, if i got a vf28,440cc inj, walbro255, and just a prodrive backbox (standard dp and centre section) would i still see over 300hp??

many thx as always si

regards mick
Old 19 February 2014, 02:55 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

Originally Posted by large1
ok si, i didnt relise they had to be sent to france
To clarify what Simon has mentioned. There is a UK dealer for EcuLabs who hold stock of MY99 and MY00 EcuLabs ECU's so for the end user you can have an ECU in your hands ready for mapping within a day or so depending on when your order is placed.
There has also been discussion with EcuLabs about holding a larger stock of ECU's to support a growing number of UK appointed dealers, this way any UK based dealer will have readily available ECU's negating the investment requirement of holding their own stock. Is this something that would work for you Simon?
Old 19 February 2014, 07:07 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes may well do
Old 19 February 2014, 07:29 PM
large1
Scooby Newbie

i havent got a prob with the price of ecutek but the resale of the ecutek is ****e and what makes it worse is when you get the ecutek with a license already on it still costs just as much to map so you may of well get your original ecu done, this is why im thinking apexi now as resale is almost the same price as you pay, i know wires need changing thou for the turbo 2000. ecuteks have gone recent for £160 if there mapped by si previous thats not to bad as you would make a slight saving, but as far as im aware if say i got a andy f ecutek and needed a remap and took it to another mapper it like a fresh ecutek isnt it as mapper protect there work

please correct me if im wrong thanx mick