Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

300+bhp

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2014, 07:41 AM
stevenhalls
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300+bhp

Hi lads just would like to know if I can achieve this sort of power without front.had pulsar back in the day with 350.my 04 wagon ppp 265bhp nice but feels like it needs a little kick up the ****.
Old 13 January 2014, 07:51 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

trying to translate, you can get 300bhp without a front mount, however your turbo wont make that kinda of power.
Old 13 January 2014, 07:55 AM
stevenhalls
Scooby Regular

So if I upgrade turbo to td05?would that get me were I need to be. Want it to look stock under bonnet and go threw mot.might be asking to much!
Old 13 January 2014, 08:00 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would benefit from a full de-cat and remap but it won't give you much in terms of head line figures, maybe another 15/20 bhp, if you really want to get the best out of it and feel like it's been a worth while exercise you really want to up grade your turbo and injectors at the same time, then you'll be in the region of 320 bhp if you go for what i'll be doing shortly which is.

Billet TD04 turbo from Braveheart STI on here.
Fuel pressure Regulator.
De-cat up pipe.
Bit of porting of the headers and up pipe.
Light weight flywheel.
AP organic clutch.

I'm not bothered what the power is and i'm only doing it because I have most of the parts and need to change spigot bearing, I just want quicker spool and a bit more umph will be a bonus, but to be honest it's quick enough when driven in anger.

I'd look at the Brakes and handling and vague steering first if I were you, it will be a lot quicker if you sort the understeer and roly poly handling and the suspect brakes first.

I have super pro steering and roll bar bushes, solid rear drop links and camber bolts all round as well as some AP 4 pots up front, it could do with a rear roll bar, but that lot improves the handling and turn in / direction changes no end, also running a decent amount of camber with a good geo set up helps a lot, the bushes etc are a very cheap way to improve things.

Mine is a WRX Wagon PPP.

TD05 will introduce you to LAG.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 13 January 2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 13 January 2014, 08:12 AM
stevenhalls
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the heads up gives me something to go with. Defantly don't won't lag and I no what u mean with brakes.what would be a rough guide including mapping for your work to be done?
Old 13 January 2014, 08:15 AM
stevenhalls
Scooby Regular

Also just a quick one coming up. For 99000 miles but still feels solid but I have bin told that bearings are likely to go around 100 is this the case?
Old 13 January 2014, 08:23 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I do it all DIY so I have no idea, not even sure if i'm going to bother with a remap yet (which is not something I would recommend you don't do) I might do a bit of open source mapping my self as well, just going to log and keep an eye on things in the beginning before I load a map and tweak it myself.

I suggest you speak to some tuners, Alan @ AS performance is a very good bloke to speak to and can supply all the parts you need, the bushes are an easy DIY job that will give good results with the geo set up.
Old 13 January 2014, 08:28 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Bolax mine is on 101 and sounds sweet as a nut, and I don't hang about, when I drive hard it's maximum attack, but I do look after it VERY well and never go over 6k rpm as I don't need to, but I am hard on the brakes and tyres though.

At the end of the day all you can do is change the oil regularly use quality fuel and it will either pop or it won't.

Edit to add; and don't bounce it off the limiter.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 13 January 2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 13 January 2014, 04:32 PM
stevenhalls
Scooby Regular

Will it go threw mot with decat up pipe?