Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

ECUTEK launch control.

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2013, 10:51 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECUTEK launch control.

Can anyone tell me how this works?
I gather that it will rev to a preset limit in first with the RPM controlled by ignition and fueling but with WOT.
My question is, is there full boost available when it is at it's preset limit, or is the boost also limited by the map.
Is it set on a feed back loop, where by if the engine rpm drops below the preset RPM on launch, the retarding ignition and fueling parameters go back to full power mode until the RPM preset is hit once again?
Does the map go into full power mode with the RPM preset limit dropped once the clutch position switch indicates the clutch has been fully released or
Have I got this all wrong?
Old 30 November 2013, 06:48 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stationary and in gear and full throttle the ecu uses ignition and fuel cut to keep the rpm at the predetermined rpm in the map - on the hawk and hatch the longer you hold it the rpm will slowly climb so that you can tailor the rpm for launch to the grip and conditions..

there is no target boost as such, but obviously the ignition and fuel cut will generate a little boost.. the only ecu I am aware of that has target boost on launch is the syvecs which also has options to slope the rpm with speed or over time so it slowly brings you up to full power rather than full power coming in straight away and spinning the wheels.

However that can be tailored with rpm on the launch within reason.

The earlier car - 2001-2005 has a more simple revlimit at a set rpm determined in the map and doesnt alter with time.

Oh and it is a set speed the launch control switches off not the clutch switch, which is also determined within the map.

HTH
Simon
Old 30 November 2013, 10:13 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That helps a lot!
Old 30 November 2013, 10:26 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure what the situation is with my hatch, it generates around 15psi of boost on launch control, Then gives it full boost on release of the clutch and detection of wheel speed I thought this was possibly a fault with the boost gauge but verified it with a mechanical setup and it does boost on launch.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

Last edited by rob84; 30 November 2013 at 10:28 PM.