Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

NEED HELPPPPP !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2013, 09:43 AM
Luke Tyler Jayden
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELPPPPP !!!!

hey i need some help to install my boost controller in my 99/00 wrx

apexi rvc.r actuator valve controller type.r going into Subaru sedan wrx... now all the wiring side of the controller is installed.. that side of its done.

these are the fitting instructions i cannot understand..at that link below

http://www.apexi-usa.com/manuals/electronics/avcr.pdf

i need to understand where the rvc.r valve (boost valve) connects to... what pipe gose where an what to block off !!

from what i can understand...the boost valve connects to the waistegate an the charge pipe..(INTAKE PIPE) but i cannot understand how thy want you to do this..

waistegate runs to compressor housing ! do i install boost valve inbetwen them ?

PLEASE SOME BODY HELP ME IM CONFUSED AN ITS DOIN MY HEAD IN.. PLEASE IF U COULD GIVE ME STEP BY STEP AN DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS U WOULD BE DOIN ME A HUGE FAVER PLEASE
Old 05 August 2013, 10:15 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

As the diagram suggests it replaces the original boost solenoid on the o/s strut (uk car), block off the ports on the old solenoid but leave it plugged in not to throw a management light I'm guessing, where it says block the one on the fresh air on the intake, cut the pipe at the solenoid end to allow you to block the cuts with whatever you choose at both ends, you can do this for all the ports on the old solenoid, just make sure you leave enough pipe on the solenoid to block it off with something, then follow the piping on the diagram, use the pipe off the old solenoid to run to the new one, then run another pipe to the actuator from the new solenoid and leave the other to vent from what that diagram says, never fitted one before but that diagram is easy enough to follow
Old 05 August 2013, 03:28 PM
Luke Tyler Jayden
Scooby Newbie

thank for your help..

altho im still stuck !

the stock boost solenoid has been blocked off already was done by previous owner. i got the car with blown motor an it wasnt in the car. so iv got no idear where any of the boost lines went or come from everythings pulled apart iv rebuilt the motor an instaled the motor back into the car an trying to set everything up.

this is what i can work out..
there are 2nipples on the new boost solernoid.. 1 gose to wastegate an other saids to connect to the charge pipe ! (intake pipe)

origanly the wastegate runs to the turbo compresser housing....
so if i run the line from the boost solernoid to the wastegate
an run the other line from the boost solernoid to the charge pipe...

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE COMPPRESER HOUSING NIPPLE ?

would i run a three way joiner to connect the boost solernoid to compresser housing an the middle of the intake pipe (charge pipe)

this is what i cannot work out an by the instrutions thy dont say anything about this.