Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Issue with rough idle/ overfuelling Impreza classic 97

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2022, 05:45 PM
rydersub
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with rough idle/ overfuelling Impreza classic 97

Hi
I bought a 97 UK turbo 2000 last year and decided I was going to mod it for a bit more power through winter. I've now completed all my mods but have a rough idle/ overfuelling issue it seems. I had it booked in for mapping but was unable to make because of this issue. The chap I had mapping it was kind enough to come out and take a look and even managed to get it running sweet. He said it seems the injectors that I bought were a lot bigger than suggested and it was flooding the engine due to this. He put what I assume is a base map on for 440's and said when I put 440's in it should drive and not have the rough idle ive been experiencing. I've now completed putting the new injectors in and am still suffering the same issue.

Mods are as follows:
440cc yellow injectorsJapspeed mvt front mount intercooler
Japspeed exhaust manifold with uppipeJapspeed downpipeVf23Apexi intakeForge bov
apexi power FCApexi avcrWalbro 255

I'm really stuck with what to do at the moment and any help would be much appreciated

Thanks.
Old 03 June 2022, 10:36 PM
ski
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked for loose pipes, intercooler , inlet etc. split vacuum pipes or poorly fitting? check wiring to your coil packs ? Sometimes the blow off valve can leak, is it original or aftermarket ?
Another comes to mind is the idle control valve? maybe give them all a good check over.
Old 03 June 2022, 10:41 PM
ski
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh another one is engine sensors, temp sensor, throttle position, crank, cam, check wiring or function of these.