Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Possible Problem....

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2014, 11:27 PM
Passhaaret
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Problem....

Hello and thanks to all who have a little view on here,

Sadly this might be a little long, but i`ll make sure all the details there are correct

I have a 2.5 WRX Hawkeye. I took it up to my mapper (I dont think i can name the place due to forum rules, but is in the top in the UK.) I had a replacement panel filter, a replacement downpipe, through pipe and back box and what would be a pro-drive re-map (PPP).

It ran like a rocket for around a week and a half after the upgrade. I was driving around the A406 (For those of you familiar with London), stopped off to pick up a friend, let my engine cool down and turned it off. Within 60 seconds i started it back up again and the engine management light was on, and i had no boost.

I drove my car slowly home and asked to borrow my friends OBD2 reader. He sadly on a drunken night posted it through the wrong letterbox (Dont ask) and even worse the home owner, not knowing what it was, decided to take it to work... This now being a Friday morning i was not getting it back until Monday evening.

I checked the car in the morning and the engine management light was still on, left for work, came home, and the light was off...

I took the car out for a spin, and it drove okay... but it felt like the boost i originally gained from the PPP, the enhanced boost, was no longer there, There WAS boost, it just didnt feel as raw or harsh.

As there was no chance of getting the ECU reader back over the weekend i took it to another friend who has a big boy well known ECU reader. The only error he found was a previous knock sensor warning that had already been resolved.

I took my scooby back to the mapper. They connected it to their laptop and said everything looked fine? I am not sure if i am having a huge placebo effect or if there really is a lack of boost/Oooomph.

It still just doesnt feel as raw or powerful as it originally did before this happened. Any ideas from you out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

p.s sorry i have just seen you say who did you map my mapper was scoobyworld

Last edited by Passhaaret; 09 August 2014 at 11:29 PM. Reason: adding info