Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Mapping options for UK My98 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2006, 10:54 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mapping options for UK My98 Turbo?

I am looking at options to give my MY98 UK Turbo a bit of extra oomph. I'd love to just change the car but the finances for the next 2/3 years are not going to allow that and the car is worth more to me than to try selling - especially with the second hand market so bad and with 85k on the clock!

I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money and I know a '98 is probably the least flexible in terms of options. So far as I can see I have the following choices -Prodrive '98 PPP ECU (if I can find one), Power Engineering's Phase 2 ECU, APEXI Power FC from Andy F.

I have emailed PE and AndyF about what's what and am currently leaning towards AndyF and the APEXI option. Andy reckons I wont need to change the solenoid or fuel pump all of which helps keep the cost from spiralling out of control.

I've read good reports about Andy so I don't doubt his skills in being able to sort out my car if I go with it, but I am really interested to hear from anyone who is running the APEXI setup. How much power did you gain, how different is your power curve, was it worth it, what did the insurance have to say about it etc?

Similarly I'd be interested in hearing about the results of the PE package and likewise anything that I haven't got on my list of options, stuff I should consider if I go with one of these options etc.

The car is currently running full de-cat, BOV, aftermarket panel filter. I don't plan on any further engine mods after the remap.

Sorry for the long post to ask a couple of short questions! I think I have verbal diarrhea this morning

Molds
Old 13 March 2006, 10:59 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=476660
Old 13 March 2006, 11:56 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tony but it looks like I have missed the boat on that GB?