MY94 SA Wagon autobox help please

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2005, 10:33 PM
in-san-e
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MY94 SA Wagon autobox help please

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have a 94 WRX SA Wagon which has, I believe, a pre-production auto gearbox. I need to know where I can find some info on servicing the box. It is working great, and I would like to keep it that way! and so I want to change the oil and filters, but don't know where to start. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated, as she is very different to my GTO TT!!

Also there is a small, unmarked black button in front of the shift lever, and we have no idea what it does?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited by in-san-e; 31 July 2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01 October 2005, 05:31 PM
pabelgaduan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there

I also have a WRX SA, which also happens to run very sweet!

The unmarket black button in front of the shift lever is to realease the gear lever without starting the engine; this is in case you need to move or push or tow the car, you would have to put your foot on the brake, press the button and put the lever in the N (neutral) position.

The gearbox oil is quite a delicate business, it should be changed by a professional, the only thing you can check on is the colour of the oil in the gearbox dip stick, it should always!, no matter how old the car is remain light pink, any darker and you maybe in for some gearbox headaches, this can be easily crosschecked by the way the gear box shifts throught the gear....it should always be smooth!.

check the rear differential oil, this is worth a look if you want to do something on your scooby, just look at the right thread.

enjoy your wagon

Pabel