Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

serious engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2005, 09:13 AM
seatfitter
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy serious engine problem

please help have a w reg imprezza turbo with engine problem.Going for a drive the other day opened her up has you do everything was fine until started to get a splutter came off the gas and took a left turn.Engine then had no power and felt like it was running on three cylinders.Manage to crawl home at 40mph but now blowing white smoke out of exhaust which smells of oil.Taken down local motorsport garage has subaru dealer to far to travel with car running rough he is say it could be 2 things

1: broken a piston
2: piston ring broken

Motorsport garage did compression test and said low or no compression from one cyclinder has'nt lost any oil or water that i can tell. The 2 above problems now mean i will have to get a replacement engine which will cost me thousands any ideas or has anyone encountered this problem

many thanks seatfitter
Old 29 July 2005, 09:32 AM
Stabler WRX
Scooby Newbie

Default blown engine

sound's like you have had a little or lot of detination
common problem with these cars
i would remove the engine and geat it rebuilt
this normallly cost around 1600,00
for a full rebuild but you may only need a couple of pistons
but hey why it is out start from scratch cause if you cut corners it only hurts your wallet in the long run
Old 29 July 2005, 10:07 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by seatfitter
please help have a w reg imprezza turbo with engine problem.Going for a drive the other day opened her up has you do everything was fine until started to get a splutter came off the gas and took a left turn.Engine then had no power and felt like it was running on three cylinders.Manage to crawl home at 40mph but now blowing white smoke out of exhaust which smells of oil.Taken down local motorsport garage has subaru dealer to far to travel with car running rough he is say it could be 2 things

Motorsport garage did compression test and said low or no compression from one cyclinder has'nt lost any oil or water that i can tell. The 2 above problems now mean i will have to get a replacement engine which will cost me thousands any ideas or has anyone encountered this problem

many thanks seatfitter
Do yourself a favour mate and give David at API engines a call!

NS04
Old 29 July 2005, 07:40 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

if it hasn't scored the bore just put a new piston in it if thats all it needs
Old 29 July 2005, 08:26 PM
seatfitter
Scooby Newbie

would be cheaper to replace the engine i think
Old 29 July 2005, 09:24 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen and read all this. It will be very unusual to get away lightly as when a piston blows debris goes everywhere and the whole engine becomes filled with swarf in no time at all. If you want to keep the car and get it to do what it always did [ but maybe a bit better ] then there is only one way. THE RIGHT WAY!!

Give me a call for a sensible no obligation conversation.

good Luck whatever, David APi Engines / APi Impreza 01926 614333
www.apiengines.com

Originally Posted by seatfitter

many thanks seatfitter
Old 29 July 2005, 10:10 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

i can vouch for dave to, he sorted me out with all my parts and answered all my pestering calls! he's a star and know's his stuff

Trending Topics

Old 30 July 2005, 03:40 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyajmy93wrx
i can vouch for dave to, he sorted me out with all my parts and answered all my pestering calls! he's a star and know's his stuff
Thanks for the plug - all going well l hope??

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com
Old 30 July 2005, 10:24 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

hi dave

yeh the car runs sweet as a nut, can't fault it. Feels like its just come out of the factory. Oh and the difference having a good lambda sensor from you is great it runs much much smoother.

Cheers!

tim