Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

API Engines - David and the guys

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2004, 10:43 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up API Engines - David and the guys

Thanks to David at API engines for the superb after sales warranty service and advice given to me when having a warranty repair. Where others seriously fall over in this area, David's folks excel. There was no arguing, quibbling, general unpleasantness or awkward uneasy feeling as you would normally would get under these circumstances. He truely is a genuine guy with plenty of knowledge and enthusiasm to ensure that muppets like me are kept on the road enjoying the driving pleasure of our cars provide. David and his team want to do a top job for you - there no shortcuts here.

As I've said on previous posts, I have used API products and service for nearly 10 years now. I checked my old Mazda GT coupe receipts - one engine delivered mid Jan 1995 - that was the first of now 4 encounters with different cars. If my little civic or birds ATR engines failed, there not a doubt in my mind where I would go.

I wholeheartedly recommend any people who are having engine problems and want a realistic budget for repair (not the big boy with equally BIG bill scenario), to check out API and talk shop with David. He's absolute straight down the line, no faffing about or trying to make you feel clueless. Offers great advice and most importantly is interested in what happens with car after the repair.

David, I'll be in touch and let you know the outcome of your advice etc.

Pleasure meeting you,
Mark

PS - now about fitting that 2.5short block, 6 speed gearbox, sti intercooler and the reliability of an old Hi-Lux for the price of a fish supper .....LOL!!!
PPS - glad to know my little coolant bracket legacy will live on
Old 08 August 2004, 07:24 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good grief!

How many more Salesmen will there be for API?

But it is true. Realy refreshing company to deal with, sensible and straightforward.

911 (happy customer # 1200,345623)
Old 08 August 2004, 09:52 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Almost makes me wish my car would blow up, LOL

I hope it doesn't now I've said that
Old 09 August 2004, 11:41 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marky-San
Thanks to David at API engines for the superb after sales warranty service and advice given to me when having a warranty repair. Where others seriously fall over in this area, David's folks excel. There was no arguing, quibbling, general unpleasantness or awkward uneasy feeling as you would normally would get under these circumstances. He truely is a genuine guy with plenty of knowledge and enthusiasm to ensure that muppets like me are kept on the road enjoying the driving pleasure of our cars provide. David and his team want to do a top job for you - there no shortcuts here.

As I've said on previous posts, I have used API products and service for nearly 10 years now. I checked my old Mazda GT coupe receipts - one engine delivered mid Jan 1995 - that was the first of now 4 encounters with different cars. If my little civic or birds ATR engines failed, there not a doubt in my mind where I would go.

I wholeheartedly recommend any people who are having engine problems and want a realistic budget for repair (not the big boy with equally BIG bill scenario), to check out API and talk shop with David. He's absolute straight down the line, no faffing about or trying to make you feel clueless. Offers great advice and most importantly is interested in what happens with car after the repair.

David, I'll be in touch and let you know the outcome of your advice etc.

Pleasure meeting you,
Mark

PS - now about fitting that 2.5short block, 6 speed gearbox, sti intercooler and the reliability of an old Hi-Lux for the price of a fish supper .....LOL!!!
PPS - glad to know my little coolant bracket legacy will live on
Thanks Mark, warranty customers should be treated just like any others in our opinion. There is a deal of fence mending after any product has failed and we are mindful of that and like to think that we will be able to please customers every time for whatever reason.

Thanks again David

PS 911 we have nearly 500 rebuilds out there now so l am afraid the exclusivity of being an 'API salesman' is becoming less so. Just think, an unpaid national sales force - woo hoo !!
Old 09 August 2004, 11:50 AM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

Another very satisfied customer here

David, I know that on Saturday we were talking about the fact that most people just know you (and API) for engine re-builds but not a lot know you also deal in service and aftermarket parts. If you could provide me with a price list then I would gladly pass it round at a Cumbrian Scoobs meeting.

Dave.
Old 09 August 2004, 12:02 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

David,
do you exchange on flywheels to have them lightened and balanced?
Ideally would like my oem one skimmed and lightened to about 8kg's.
regards

Andy

(can I ask this with you being an authorised advertiser?)
Old 09 August 2004, 12:47 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Originally Posted by Peanuts
David,
do you exchange on flywheels to have them lightened and balanced?
Ideally would like my oem one skimmed and lightened to about 8kg's.
regards

Andy

(can I ask this with you being an authorised advertiser?)
Ask away If I press my luck the mods all jump on me big time - but hey I'm thick skinned

I don't like skimming cast flywheels by much as there is a chance it'll come to bits and have your ankles off. In any case - just at the moment I have not a single useable flywheel in the place.

Ask again a bit later and I should be able to help when fresh stock arriv es from Japan - @23rd Sept.

Thanks for your interest in API

David
Old 09 August 2004, 12:57 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by DaveW
Another very satisfied customer here

David, I know that on Saturday we were talking about the fact that most people just know you (and API) for engine re-builds but not a lot know you also deal in service and aftermarket parts. If you could provide me with a price list then I would gladly pass it round at a Cumbrian Scoobs meeting.

Dave.
I don't do a price list. When our new website www.apiengines.com goes live all prices will be on show for all the range. I wish I had time for a brochure but I just don't. Many thanks for the kind thought anyway.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
Old 10 August 2004, 08:57 AM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Another happy punter! The only frustrating part is running the new engine in!!! 500 miles to go!!!