Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

OIL CHANGE,LIGHT EXTINGUISH...?.

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2004, 12:11 AM
WRX STI Type RA.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OIL CHANGE,LIGHT EXTINGUISH...?.

Changed the oil again on my car today,Oil topped up,Filter full to top,Crank Sensor removed....Turning engine over on starter,And over,And over,And over,And over...The oil light would hellers go out,Tried three very long cranking periods on the starter,And would it hell pull up the oil,So had to replace the crank Sensor.The min i replaced the sensor the engine fired up and the light extinguished straight away...Never had this problem before,I know i have read others having to resort to replacing the crank sensor,But why,The problem.....??????????Hope no damage was done,But had no option...Before both the battery died & the starter melted...?.

Last edited by WRX STI Type RA.; 15 June 2004 at 12:12 AM. Reason: More to add.
Old 15 June 2004, 01:03 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WRX STI Type RA.
Changed the oil again on my car today,Oil topped up,Filter full to top,Crank Sensor removed....Turning engine over on starter,And over,And over,And over,And over...The oil light would hellers go out,Tried three very long cranking periods on the starter,And would it hell pull up the oil,So had to replace the crank Sensor.The min i replaced the sensor the engine fired up and the light extinguished straight away...Never had this problem before,I know i have read others having to resort to replacing the crank sensor,But why,The problem.....??????????Hope no damage was done,But had no option...Before both the battery died & the starter melted...?.
Probably your starter wasnt turning the engine fast enough to get enough pressure to put the light out, probably boarderline.
This does happen.
No harm done, at least you got some oil moving around before starting up.
I wouldnt turn it over for a long time again you could fry the starter.

Dipster