Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Will i need a reset...?.

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2003, 07:37 PM
torment
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i fit this new MAF i have for my car,Will i need to reset the ecu for it....?.
Which is the best method....Disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours.....?. Kev.
Old 18 November 2003, 07:39 PM
JJay
Scooby Regular

That will do it....
Old 18 November 2003, 11:18 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Question

So if your MAF is buggered, and you simply fit a new one and start the car, will it still retain its memory and not notice the new sensor?

Just wondering as my cars idle is iffy, and the ECU wasn't reset when a new MAF / Lambda was tried. Neither seemed to fix the problem. I asked about the reset but was told it didn't need it?

MB
Old 18 November 2003, 11:32 PM
torment
Scooby Regular

Dark Blue.....Yes,As far as i have been informed,A re-set is required to rid the ECU of its last faults eta,And enables the ECU to relearn all the parimiters again...Apparently,The ecu will try and fix a faulty maf itself and try overcome a small fault,But as i said...I was advised to either disconnect the battery for a couple of hours...OR...Connect the black and Green male & female connections under the steering shaft...And read the pulses..This shows any stored faults the computer has picked up on...The first pulse will be 1.3 seconds...With 0.2 second pulses = 1 point,Any 1.3 second pulses there after is valued at=10 points.And total them up to a grand total of.....?,Then compare them to a list i have..To define the exact problem....Kev.