Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Scottish ECU version 2.05.03 fitted today

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2002, 09:45 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Ah yes sorry John, I didn't even think mate Maybe I should have said I got a TEK 3 minus 0.15 lol. All of the above is correct, can't wait to run a little more boost, but it's great as it is

The delta dash software is on its way, so in the meanwhile been using the dealer select monitor

Cheers Phill C

PS The clear indicators don't add anymore torque or BHP, just enables the turbo to spool quicker, or at least that's what Sideways reckons, lol

[Edited by babber - 7/2/2002 9:47:02 PM]
Old 07 June 2002, 12:03 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

SB
Thanks
Chris's car impressed me when it had the dawes in.
Cant wait to find out what the new ecu has done to it

JB
With this offer u are spoiling me
Is that a slope I see before me?
I think it is
Ill contact u shortly about this
cheers

[Edited by SCOSaltire - 7/6/2002 12:06:13 AM]
Old 02 July 2002, 09:16 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

All,

I fitted my Scottish ECU remapped ECU today and went to the dealers with a flickering Check engine light (for their benefit, as I needed an excuse for a run on the select monitor, nothing wrong really) I had a similar map to the TEK2 with a few special John Banks enhancements I fitted the ECU at home and drove the 10 miles to the dealers (all off boost) the car engine felt so smooth, but I didn’t drive it hard not even slightly.

We went for a little rant around to check boost, knock, etc (and it felt quick) the chief mechanic said that’s weird there isn’t any knock what so ever, great I thought is that good? He said well all Scoobies will knock to a certain degree, but this one isn’t, strange!! He thought it felt quick as well, does it I replied?? Dropped him off and went for a play…Well HELLO

Lots of traffic on the drive home, but what a difference!! The car felt loads quicker than it did with the PPP ECU. Loads more torque throughout the rev range. Pulls stronger from lower revs, out performs the mid range torque of the PPP ECU, but goes on and on till the rev limiter, whereas the PPP ECU gives up above 5k or thereabouts. I spoke to John and described it as the car felt like it was in a lower gear, than it was (i.e. third when in fourth) it’s like a new lease of life. Had a little play with a Z3 (I know Sideways “a waste of petrol”) and sailed past him, looked down at the speedo and was just going past 135 MPH and it felt like it took seconds to get there. This car is now a bloody flying machine!!!! Early days so I’ll report back again soon, once I had chance to play properly

I must say credit where credit is due, this is one hell of a serious product. Fair play to Stephen Done, John Banks and PE for developing this wonderful technology. I’m glad I sold my PPP (even though it came standard on my RB5 WRSport) and went for this.

If anyone out there is thinking about it, do it…. You won’t believe the difference this map will make

Cheers Phill C

PS If anyone around Bristol would like a demo, email me as per profile

PPS ITG, Full Scoobysport system, Clear Indicators and a Scottish ECU TEK 2.05.03 LOL, not quite a TEK 3
Old 02 July 2002, 09:29 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Red face

Good for you, enjoy it.

Cheers, MD.
Old 02 July 2002, 09:30 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So no one gets unduly upset, Phil paid me for a "Tek 3", and will be getting further custom mapping via Delta Dash logs and will possibly visit me again (we meet up when he comes to Edinburgh), but it sounds like it is quite near already... this is not a new version of Tek 2, or an update, and could only be installed with Delta Dash or Select monitor checking - really you need your own version of Delta Dash. It would not be so easy to do this sort of work for cars with exceptional mods and really I would need to see the car.

How much do the clear indicators add Phil?

In terms of the map, I gave Phil a 17.4 PSI boost target, and I gather he achieved 16.3 PSI in gears 3 and 4 on the Select Monitor (after conversion from mmHg), so this leaves some reserve for driving hard on a cold day in top gear (need to do this - when I did Hoppy's car - with the frisky TD04L hybrid it was running under or around target for a few weeks and then on a cold rainy night fluctuated so I have sent him a 1.3mm restrictor to sort it). The boost is held quite a lot longer but not silly. The fuelling is slightly leaner (9% CO target compared with about 11 % CO on Tek 2) on boost, and there is still more fuel and ignition during spool up than Tek 2. I have given the low octane and compensation maps a good thorough going over too to account for the extra boost to keep it all tight.
Old 02 July 2002, 09:51 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Wink

OK so what have you got for us lowly MY97's John????
Old 02 July 2002, 09:57 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Have you thought about a Link or a Motec ?

Cheers Phill C
Old 03 July 2002, 12:51 AM
badgerbell
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hey John what you doing getting another RB5 as good as mine
Phill C glad to hear your enjoying your NEW car.
John, I read your not quite finished 'spending' on your car yet, Tut! Tut!

Davy ( very happy RB5 with Tek3 owner )
Old 03 July 2002, 09:58 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Talking

No!
Dont post like that...
ur tempting me too much
Old 03 July 2002, 10:39 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

SCOSaltire,

LOL, sorry mate but I want to tell the whole world how pleased I am with my latest toy

Took the long way to work this morning and the extra noises I'm getting now is so Impressive (I know little things please little minds) Fitted a VTA DV last week and thought it was a little quite. Well it not now. The car is sooooo smooth on idle and low revs, which I can't understand I keep thinking I'm in a lower gear than I actually am

Anyway as I said above the power and torque is just amazing, came off a roundabout this morning in second and when I got the wheels straight I floored it!! All four wheels started spinning (yes it was wet) and the backend drifted around, hello. I'll have to watch that in future Oh and the best bit is I can run a little more boost possibly

I am so pleased at the moment

Cheers Phill C
Old 03 July 2002, 11:41 AM
JonW
Scooby Regular

Phil, Glad you like your Tek2.85, told ya it was better than a PPP... ;-p

Have to say with my Tek2 and the SS DP / Centre and TSL rear box, ITG filter and clear repeaters (LOL!) I really notice the car come alive, its like its shed 1/4 its weight or something!

Jon.

Old 03 July 2002, 12:15 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

JonW,

It is a lot better than the PPP ECU that seems a little tame now in comparision I'm sorry that everyone who's got a PPP ECU will be a little upset, but remember I was one of them a couple of weeks ago, until I saw the light

Good way to describe it, like someone has chopped the car in half

Loving it, loving it, loving it

Cheers Phill C
Old 03 July 2002, 01:53 PM
JonW
Scooby Regular

*** For Sale ***
Performance Modification Jon/Phil Style. Kit consists of 2 9inch Angle Grind disks (it is suggested you hire a large grinder from your local hire shop). Full instructions included. Only £299.

Old 03 July 2002, 07:17 PM
ChrisG
Scooby Regular

Sco,
Wanna go in my TEK3?
Chris
Old 03 July 2002, 09:27 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Chris
Aye! Please!
Old 04 July 2002, 01:09 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Lol, I may be imagining this, but the car seems to be better on Fuel as well Has anyone else noticed this ?

Cheers Phill C
Old 04 July 2002, 02:06 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

The only thing I can think of is that the extra torque means you use less revs for a lot of driving situations - you may stay in a higher gear for example.
Old 04 July 2002, 03:16 PM
JonW
Scooby Regular

Nah sadly i tend to boot my car more (it revs so nice and clean now) and im expecting it to get worse... :-)
Old 04 July 2002, 11:22 PM
badgerbell
Scooby Regular

Smile

When I went upto JB's from Carlisle it was a 300 mile round trip, including about 40 miles on them good back roads near Johns house, using plenty of boost as you'll know
Returned 33mpg, well chuffed

Davy
Old 05 July 2002, 08:29 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

SCO, if you don't get round to your TEC3 test drive and I Chris sells his car to me the offer still stands Afterall I do owe you for turning the heating on that day at Knockhill
Old 05 July 2002, 08:39 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

SCO if you want to come and try a 2.05.03 or whatever it is and go out for a little play to help you in your thinking be my guest. Can have one waiting for you and swap it into your car in 5 minutes
Old 05 July 2002, 09:11 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

I let a bloke drive mine today, who has a TEK 2 and he wants one He reckons it's loads better than his TEK 2 ..... and can see him driving from Bristol to Edinburgh He likes the torque and the fact the car pulls from low revs all the way to the rev limiter We had a lush backfire when he bounched it off the rev limiter, and immediately said did you have that before. As it happens I did, but I never heard it do it that loud. Perfect timing as he loved it.

I'll be showing it off this weekend at the Southwest meet, can see me using loads of petrol Quite warm down here today, and still pulled like an express train

Cheers Phill C

Old 06 July 2002, 09:24 AM
ChrisG
Scooby Regular

Phil,

I'm home Tuesday. Fancy popping down Wednesday evening?
PG's missus is away on holiday so I'm sure he'll be up for a jolly too.
I reckon you will be convinced once and for all. 3rd and 4th gear are mega

BTW I have only filled up with fuel twice since the remap but both times I've got 50 miles + per full tank.
Mind you I do drive like a bit of a girl
Old 06 July 2002, 09:32 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chris,

It's not a holiday...it's a conference

Yeah! right !
Old 06 July 2002, 09:41 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

aye - wednesday is good

50+ miles per tank???
is that 5 mpg?

or do u mean 50 miles more per tank?

lol @ holiday
Old 06 July 2002, 12:01 PM
ChrisG
Scooby Regular

Conference...........in Ibiza???????????????

Must try that one

Sco..... of course I mean's 5mpg