Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobyworld good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2009, 09:24 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Scoobyworld good and bad

Before I tell a long story can you guys give me your honest opinion of them please
Old 22 April 2009, 11:22 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top Company, Top Individuals, Can I say more
Old 22 April 2009, 03:43 PM
bigbarry04
Scooby Regular

same as above. very good service, fast delivery. i havent had any problems dealing with them
Old 22 April 2009, 03:54 PM
bobs_p1
Scooby Regular

Scoobyworld is brill would recommend them to anybody top people allways helped me out with every enquire also really good prices
Old 23 April 2009, 07:21 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

No problems with me - have used them before and always found them to be good.

If you got a good or bad story, its worth putting up anyway. Its your own individual experience and if you had problems so might others. If its been good, then people also will have good experiences.

Flat4 gets knockdown quite a bit and some customers dont use them, and others still use them. Sorry for picking out Flat4!
Old 23 April 2009, 07:52 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with Scoobyworld, always been top service
Old 23 April 2009, 08:22 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem, good service, fast delivery.

I bought a decat downpipe from them, they chucked it gaskets and stickers in for free.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 23 April 2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 24 April 2009, 10:31 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Wish I had been so lucky,
All I can say is I was lied to by 2 members of staff when I inquired and bought goods on the counter, and no help what so ever with problems when it doesnt fit(gearbox needs grinding and the back box hits the rear ARB, and none of the hangers fit or can be made to fit on the downpipe),
Their web site claims the afterburner inc res box is made by H&S, when I spoke to H&S they said they don`t make that for them anymore, once questioned further they (SW) did admit they did buy from H&S but don`t now(false advertising in my opinon),
and now jgm has lost a booking for a remap as the system is coming off and going back,
so with a standard system back on its a waste of his time and more of my money and time,
Id like to thank those that pm`d me also, I understand why as you get flamed but sometimes you have to tell it how it is.
Old 24 April 2009, 11:00 AM
Neil @ Scoobyworld
Scooby Regular

I don't wish to get into an argument on Scoobynet. As explained to you this morning we have certainly not lied to you (why would we), simply tried to answer your queries regarding an exhaust for your car and state that we didnt have a system specifically designed for your car (a JDM) but believed that a 3 piece classic system would fit (we have supplied these previously to JDM cars). We checked this with Hayward and Scott and they also confirmed our belief that this would be fine.

From your call this morning its obviously not fitting (for some reason its slightly short-12mm), and we have agreed to take it back and provide a full refund to you, as we'd provide to any customer with an issue we cannot resolve. I do not know of a company who manufacturers a 3 piece system specifically for the JDM, but maybe if you speak to H&S they might be able to make you a custom one in time.

We're not in the habit of providing misleading information to anyone (or lying), either via phone or the internet, and have changed the wording of the centre section following your comments. Hayward and Scott used to make the centre sections with bubble silencers, however due to increase cost of doing so we now have these made elsewhere (H&S still make the centre sections).

regards

Neil
Welcome to Scooby world

Last edited by Neil @ Scoobyworld; 24 April 2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 24 April 2009, 11:29 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We use the H & S GC8 3 piece system on a New age JDM car every time. Used as a 3 pc set it fits perfectly every time. This sounds to me as if a rogue new age car centre pipe has crept in, then it would be too short and fit badly.

I use Scoobyworld from time to time and the service is as good as any on here. l have no qualms about recommending them highly

David APi
Old 25 April 2009, 12:40 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Hi just to add Scorpion exhausts may have a solution

Even with this fitted its very close so Id suggest a Centre being measured at scoobyworld and lets see if its a rogue one,

All I can do is tell it how it is or how im treated
Old 25 April 2009, 01:10 AM
maydew
Scooby Regular

i think they are tossers and very un helpfull when things go wrong, to be honest too
been holding back for a week on posting this but what the hell.

ordered a gauge pod and i got told they would despatch same day liars as was 2 days later,
8 days (later included weekend) after various calls/arguements as they just wasnt bothered it hadnt turned up they give the attitude of
OUT OF THERE DOOR NOT THERE PROBLEM ANYMORE

got the pod on the 8th day
come to fit it as good as it looks on the outside what a piece of tat underneath ,the back fixings do nothing as fit no where near,
front clips dont even touch the dash,the pod was just resting in there and a 2 month old baby could lift it out
so for the back fixing i packed it with foam to stop it rattling
front fixing i put the tatty cheap fixing in the bin
took my heater vent out and put 13mm bolts in its place for 80 quid i would expect more.

now brought a afterburner back of them 16-18months ago
for past few months the baffles rattle when cold but went once warm so was never concerned but
last few weeks its doing it once warm now.

rang them up this week
i have to travel to them they remove it and put a piece of tat of a back box(thats more than likely rusted to f..k) on mine for 1-2 weeks
while thats sent for repair and they will cut mine open and repair it ,f..k that as you know you will be able to tell this has been done.
then travel bk to them my fuel to have it fitted back on.

so to finish the conversation as wasnt happy with doing that they gave me hayward and scotts number and said deal with them.
rang ian at h&s and told him what they said and he said they shouldnt of told me to ring them as thats just passing the book
........again out there door not there problem hope they read this .

now there ment to offer a no quibble warrentie,if its rattling change it simple its under warrentie for 5 years but no they want to hack it apart .
i will just wait till it drops out and put it in the tat bin.

had a ninja fitted to the girlfriends sport,as alot off you might already know these ninja boxes tend to sit low,so thought bend the bracket very slightly
to bring it closer to the bumper,the can itself opened up all round it so was blowing out of there slightly again piece off tat............

i would love to upgrade to there afterburner 3" but it just dont fill me with confidence

Last edited by maydew; 25 April 2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 25 April 2009, 01:27 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

I offered to travel back to them but they didnt have time to fit me in.
Old 25 April 2009, 01:34 AM
maydew
Scooby Regular

that was gonna be another issue for me also.
Old 25 April 2009, 09:25 AM
Neil @ Scoobyworld
Scooby Regular

JDM Stig - the centre section for classic models is 138mm, New Age is 128mm. Obviously this is a 100mm difference, so much more than the 12mm you are reporting, hence the reason why I dont think its this that is causing the problem.

Having our technician remove it from your car wasnt an issue, the problem was getting it done before 6may (your mapping day). At present our workshop is solidly booked on Saturdays until 20 June, and around 2 weeks ahead during weekdays, for anything more than a quick 20 min job.

It looks as though you've managed to resolve it anyway with help from Scorpian, let me know if not.

Maydew - I have checked our records. You ordered the pod on 1.4.2009 we dispatched on 2.4.2009 (not 2 days later)- pretty quick by anyones standards. We were not able to dispatch same day as we would have liked, despite our best efforts. We are not liars.

The Post Office then took several days longer than normal to deliver, for some reason unknown to us and completely out of our control. We had contacted their support center on this but received no help from them on the whereabouts.

If you wish me to I'm happy to post up a scan of both your original order showing date and time of purchase and the Royal Mail dispatch record of the following day, signed by the Royal Mail to prove this.

With regard to the pod fixings, I would agree that the plastic clips are not doing as good a job of fixing as we initially found. Therefore we have recently revised the fixing kit and each kit now goes out with 2 long bolts and 4 large washers which are bolted to it from the underside and replace the plastic plugs. This then provides perfect fixing for the pod.

Regarding the exhaust, I offered to have the potentially faulty Afterburner removed at our workshops for you, and send to Hayward and Scott for them to inspect to find out what is causing the noise and if necessary repair or replace as required.

We offered to loan you a rear box (that would be of good condition, not some 'old rusty piece of tat') whilst yours was with H&S and then when it was returned to us, refit it for you. We obviously wouldn't charge you for any of this and as explained would take approx 1 week (not 2)

As you said this was a distance for you to travel the other option was for you to remove your box and send to H&S for inspection/repair/replacement, which was offered. Postage would have been covered by us.

Unfortunately we could not simply send you a brand new Afterburner, without inspecting the possibly faulty one to see the cause of the issue (and I imagine every exhaust manufacturer and supplier would agree with this).

As a last resort to try and resolve this I provided you with Ians number at H&S to see if he had maybe a second hand Afterburner that end that he could lend you, whilst yours is being repaired, or had any other ideas, this is not us passing the buck, simply looking for other options to resolve this. I spoke to Ian myself later that day regarding this. Our offer of removing the box for you and sending it back still stands

I'm not sure what else we could have done here?

regards

Neil
Welcome to Scooby world
Old 25 April 2009, 09:37 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

I think you should be sending me a correct centre section or pay for the work carried out by others to make the parts fit,
Im not 100% happy at having to alter/re manufacture goods sold by yourself,
I have taken a copy of the web page for trading standards also it hasnr ended with a few words from you and you thinking you have got away with that one,
You have definitely been mis selling under the H&S name for a while when you haven't been supplying H&S made goods,
As stated above I canceled Simon again and dont think its fair keep mucking him about,

What you actually mean about not fitting me in to even have a look at the problem is there was no money in it for you, you had my money and thats it!
there was never a issue getting to you mon - friday as I said on the phone but again you didn't listen if you thought I could only get on a Saturday.

Like ive said there has been a few PM me but not want to go public so it cant be as rare as you would like to make out.

Last edited by JDM_Stig; 27 April 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 25 April 2009, 11:12 AM
911SSC
Scooby Regular

Hi

We have dealt with Scoobyworld for many years and have a very good relationship with them.

The back box that has a rattle we have said we will fix under the guarantee and if this is beyond repair we will replace .

We can't go giving out new back boxes when someone says they have a problem as more often that not it is not a manufactures fault. We had a case when a customer said his back box rattled so we sent a new one out and picked the damaged one up and when we received it back it had a huge dent underneath where he had some how damaged and broke it internal.So since then we inspect before make a comment......which you must see as being fair.

Ian Reeve
Manager
Tele 01268 727256
Fax 01268 590772
Stainless steel exhausts manifolds and headers from Hayward and Scott

Last edited by 911SSC; 25 April 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 25 April 2009, 12:17 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

Maydew - I have checked our records. You ordered the pod on 1.4.2009 we dispatched on 2.4.2009 (not 2 days later)- pretty quick by anyones standards. We were not able to dispatch same day as we would have liked, despite our best efforts. We are not liars.

when i ordered it a 12.30 1.4.2009 you ran payment through straight away,i asked a simple question will this get dispatched same day ...... reply yes it will

The Post Office then took several days longer than normal to deliver, for some reason unknown to us and completely out of our control. We had contacted their support center on this but received no help from them on the whereabouts.

errrr "contacted their support center " more like putting the tracking number in which always tells you,the item can only be tracked normally x amount off days after its been signed for,i understand this is out your control ,but up untill that 8th day it was just case of see if it turns up.my issue wasnt the fact it hadnt turned up,it was your attitude towards it that got me so frustrated on the fone,like i said so many times on the fone .....out of your door not your problem.

i ordered something from scoobyparts(yes i know different company)same day 1/4/09@4.30pm and was on my door step on 2/4/09 which can be proven too

as for the exhaust i assure you there is no dents underneath as i polish the can yes sad i know lol.
i am prepared to go down to scoobyworld to show them but i aint prepared to have the box taken off to be cut apart and rewelded be like some cut and shut no thanks lol

oh off subject but do you sell many off the prosport gauges at those prices

THIS AINT ABOUT WHO DONE WHAT..........its about your whole attitude as a professional company

all i have done is given my views and experience everythin aint always praise i will end at that.

Last edited by maydew; 26 April 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 27 April 2009, 11:01 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

BIYF
Old 27 April 2009, 11:20 AM
Neil @ Scoobyworld
Scooby Regular

JDM Stig - If you would just contact us I'm sure we can can resolve this.

regards

Neil
Scoobyworld
Old 28 April 2009, 09:39 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

BIYF
Old 28 April 2009, 10:12 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Rather than bump this why not pick the phone up and speak to Neil
Old 28 April 2009, 10:54 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

JDM_Stig - Please contact Scoobyworld to resolve your issue as they request. Bumping the thread is not going to help get resolution.