Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Chris Jones : CCS Performance. Warning.

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2005, 09:59 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chris Jones : CCS Performance. Warning.

I had thought this guy was no longer trading until I saw a piston kit for sale in Scoobyshop earlier today.
In April, a fellow Scooby member, Paulo Augostinho, from Portugal advertised in the "Wanted" section for a downpipe. He sent an International Money Order to Chris Jones but never received the downpipe. Various excuses were made, including, in hospital with a broken pelvis and contact with Paulo was avoided. The poor guys car was off the road and in July he asked me if I would assist him.
I contacted Jones in a perfectly friendly straight forward manner but he ignored my communications and with the prospect of getting a downpipe off him being Nil I arranged a replacement so the car was back on the road during July for an important event.
I then gave Jones various opportunities to rectify the matter and outlined the action I would take if he did not sort it out.
I have now obtained County Court Judgement and bailiffs are instructed.
If anyone knows Jones's whereabouts or have had unsatisfactory dealings, perhaps they could let me know.
My e-mail if you do not wish to make it public : harveysmith1@btopenworld.com
Paulo made the point that he had numerous dealings on Scoobynet, SIDC, 22B and Nasioc. These forums can only operate with mutual trust and this was the only time he had been let down.
Old 21 October 2005, 06:26 PM
Oldfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel I must post on this thread to further enforce Harveys comments, as a warning to others.
I have had dealings with Chris Jones, I bought a car from him some months ago via a Scoobynet ad. The purchase was far from straightforward the details are not important, what is, is the fact that there was outstanding finance on the car which was not disclosed to myself, if I had not taken adequate precauctions I could have found myself in a dubious position with the finance company involved. I believe the seller was well aware of the position he was placing me in but decided to take the cash and not settle the finance.
Please no lectures re. HPI checks etc
This post is purely to warn others
Old 21 October 2005, 06:45 PM
Smurf2k
Scooby Regular

ne1 got an addy? old or not we can trace this fool
Old 21 October 2005, 07:09 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Wink

HE hangs out with some of the five o guy s try that forum

On a personal note I dealt with him recent and had no problems bought some items from him.
Having said that chris does have some personel issues at the moment wihch i will leave for him to elaborate on if need be.
Seems out of character tbh know him a few years??
I am not prepeared to pass his phone number on but Harvey I will mention to him your post and issues and hope you sort your problems out.

Harvey also give me a call next week sometime regards front mounts have had some interest if you can work me a deal out?
Old 22 October 2005, 12:00 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason: You may have had no problems but from this thread you can see that two people using Scoobynet have. I have another couple of e-mails here relating to other issues.

Scoobynet cannot operate satisfactorily with scammers or whatever.

Jones was a moderator on 5ive-0 and responsible for the Technical Forum. That gave him a degree of credibility but he is no longer a moderator "until this is cleared up".

Having personal issues does not excuse this type of behaviour, particularly when these problems are of your own making. I am surprised you want to shield someone who has done this.
Old 22 October 2005, 12:01 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

screwdriver up his finger nails would be nice
Originally Posted by Smurf2k
ne1 got an addy? old or not we can trace this fool
Old 22 October 2005, 02:49 PM
Smurf2k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevehulluk1
screwdriver up his finger nails would be nice
You pin his hand down and i will navigate the driver

Trending Topics

Old 22 October 2005, 07:37 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not lookin to shield anyway harvey just adding personnel view thats all,no confusien intended,as I said will pass your views on to him IF i see him,as a return favour to you!
Old 23 October 2005, 01:16 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

i think he will be well aware of harvey's intensions after a county court judgment and instructing baliffs!

jason- all you need to do is pass on the phone number and the problem will be dealt with.

it amazes me that after all this guy has clearly done you are holding back information that could resolve this matter.

pepole like jones are well rid off from the subaru community and anyone that protects them wants to look at the situation in reverse, what if it was you he had ripped off???
Old 23 October 2005, 05:45 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonny gav
i think he will be well aware of harvey's intensions after a county court judgment and instructing baliffs!
Let the law do its stuff then

jason- all you need to do is pass on the phone number and the problem will be dealt with...
All i have to do is nothing jonny! nothing to do with me and am staying out of it,tbh sorry i posted a replyo

it amazes me that after all this guy has clearly done you are holding back information that could resolve this matter...
What he has done is not clear to me if he has done wrong i hope justice is dealt and feel if he has betrayed trust and used the community for his own gain then yes you are correct it needs stamoping out.However it is not for me to deal with.

pepole like jones are well rid off from the subaru community and anyone that protects them wants to look at the situation in reverse, what if it was you he had ripped off???
If it was me as with anything I would sort it one way or the other same as you guys are doing
best of luck sorting it out
Old 23 October 2005, 08:13 PM
Oldfella
Scooby Regular

Evil will prevail, when good men do nothing!
Old 24 October 2005, 07:53 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this

Spoke to chris about a year ago but tried sending him an email and had no reply. He used to be on msn but havent seen him on for ages (then again i havent been on for ages)

If i do jump on msn and see him ill let him know about the thread
Old 26 October 2005, 05:35 PM
stablercarserv
Scooby Newbie

Not good. Normally I only look on here occassionally. If two guys have posted I wonder if others have had bad experiences.