Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Api Engines!

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2005, 12:31 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Api Engines!

Thought i would post this in this section to get your attention, I recently sold my MY00 scooby to my cousin and he is having problems with the gearbox, which I said I would try and find out some information for him before I bring it down to you. The problem he is having is that he sometimes he cant get it into any gear, and he said that its happened twice in the past of week where he tries to put it into 1st or 2nd and it just wont go in, he's changed the gearbox oil, and he said that there was no big chunks of metal but little fillings but no big bits, He has took it to see a mechanic who changed the oil and said that the gearbox COULD be broke and has already priced him up for a new gearbox, does anyone no what this might be or would he be looking at a new gearbox, I thought I would post this thread tittle to APi Engines as ive heard really good things about them and there based about 40mins down the road and at least they would no what there doing, to some mechanic of the street who thinks he knows scoobys cause he's drove one on Gran Turismo. Also if the gearbox had gone how much would he be looking at a new MY00 gearbox.

Also the gearbox has quickshift and uprated clutch if this helps.

Thanks John
Old 06 January 2005, 08:14 AM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

John. David is on holiday till today so u probably wont get an answer till tomorrow top firm they should be able to sort u out.
ken
Old 06 January 2005, 08:57 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Call API on 01926614333; Mark is there & will be able to assist & give prices. Although I think David is back today

Last edited by XtremeScoobies; 06 January 2005 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelt David's name incorrectly
Old 06 January 2005, 11:14 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Thought i would post this in this section to get your attention, I recently sold my MY00 scooby to my cousin and he is having problems with the gearbox, which I said I would try and find out some information for him before I bring it down to you. The problem he is having is that he sometimes he cant get it into any gear, and he said that its happened twice in the past of week where he tries to put it into 1st or 2nd and it just wont go in, he's changed the gearbox oil, and he said that there was no big chunks of metal but little fillings but no big bits, He has took it to see a mechanic who changed the oil and said that the gearbox COULD be broke and has already priced him up for a new gearbox, does anyone no what this might be or would he be looking at a new gearbox, I thought I would post this thread tittle to APi Engines as ive heard really good things about them and there based about 40mins down the road and at least they would no what there doing, to some mechanic of the street who thinks he knows scoobys cause he's drove one on Gran Turismo. Also if the gearbox had gone how much would he be looking at a new MY00 gearbox.

Also the gearbox has quickshift and uprated clutch if this helps.

Thanks John
New gearbox is around £2700 plus fitting (and think you need to add VAT)

Recently bought one off here for a mate and that cost £500, but you need to ensure the gearbox and rear diff are matched (i.e. you'll need a MY 99 / 00 standard gearbox)

The flywheel will probably be gone, and best to replace with lightened one and uprated clutch at the same time

Very expensive mate

Phill
Old 06 January 2005, 12:24 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all!! Sitting at my desk since 08-30 this morning just doin' emails. Just found this.

Call me if I can help. 01926 614333

Nothing broken after skiing, just the wallet !!

David APi Engines / APi lmpreza

PS Scoobyboy if you wanna run it down to us for a looksee we'll do what we can and avise anyway.

David
Old 06 January 2005, 01:01 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

if you are lucky it could just be the quickshift?
martin
Old 06 January 2005, 06:10 PM
XS-Home
Scooby Regular

The old padded wallet breaks fall syndrome
Old 06 January 2005, 08:19 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Is it allright to bring the car down Saturday morning, or would I have to phone and book a apointment.
Old 08 January 2005, 03:46 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Took it to see David this morning, who was very helpful and found out that the gearbox was knackered, but it was nice to hear it from a proffesional view instead of someone who does'nt know what there talking about. Cant recommend Api's enough. Also like to thank Gerry Houghton for the directions when we had broken down on the way.