ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Api Engines! (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/392283-api-engines.html)

scoobyboy1 06 January 2005 12:31 AM

Api Engines!

Thought i would post this in this section to get your attention, I recently sold my MY00 scooby to my cousin and he is having problems with the gearbox, which I said I would try and find out some information for him before I bring it down to you. The problem he is having is that he sometimes he cant get it into any gear, and he said that its happened twice in the past of week where he tries to put it into 1st or 2nd and it just wont go in, he's changed the gearbox oil, and he said that there was no big chunks of metal but little fillings but no big bits, He has took it to see a mechanic who changed the oil and said that the gearbox COULD be broke and has already priced him up for a new gearbox, does anyone no what this might be or would he be looking at a new gearbox, I thought I would post this thread tittle to APi Engines as ive heard really good things about them and there based about 40mins down the road and at least they would no what there doing, to some mechanic of the street who thinks he knows scoobys cause he's drove one on Gran Turismo. Also if the gearbox had gone how much would he be looking at a new MY00 gearbox.

Also the gearbox has quickshift and uprated clutch if this helps.

Thanks John

scooby-k 06 January 2005 08:14 AM

John. David is on holiday till today so u probably wont get an answer till tomorrow top firm they should be able to sort u out.
ken

Gidney&Knowlesy 06 January 2005 08:57 AM

Call API on 01926614333; Mark is there & will be able to assist & give prices. Although I think David is back today

babber 06 January 2005 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Thought i would post this in this section to get your attention, I recently sold my MY00 scooby to my cousin and he is having problems with the gearbox, which I said I would try and find out some information for him before I bring it down to you. The problem he is having is that he sometimes he cant get it into any gear, and he said that its happened twice in the past of week where he tries to put it into 1st or 2nd and it just wont go in, he's changed the gearbox oil, and he said that there was no big chunks of metal but little fillings but no big bits, He has took it to see a mechanic who changed the oil and said that the gearbox COULD be broke and has already priced him up for a new gearbox, does anyone no what this might be or would he be looking at a new gearbox, I thought I would post this thread tittle to APi Engines as ive heard really good things about them and there based about 40mins down the road and at least they would no what there doing, to some mechanic of the street who thinks he knows scoobys cause he's drove one on Gran Turismo. Also if the gearbox had gone how much would he be looking at a new MY00 gearbox.

Also the gearbox has quickshift and uprated clutch if this helps.

Thanks John

New gearbox is around £2700 plus fitting (and think you need to add VAT)

Recently bought one off here for a mate and that cost £500, but you need to ensure the gearbox and rear diff are matched (i.e. you'll need a MY 99 / 00 standard gearbox)

The flywheel will probably be gone, and best to replace with lightened one and uprated clutch at the same time :rolleyes:

Very expensive mate :eek:

Phill

APIDavid 06 January 2005 12:24 PM

Hi all!! Sitting at my desk since 08-30 this morning just doin' emails. Just found this.

Call me if I can help. 01926 614333

Nothing broken after skiing, just the wallet !!

David APi Engines / APi lmpreza

PS Scoobyboy if you wanna run it down to us for a looksee we'll do what we can and avise anyway.

David

p1doc 06 January 2005 01:01 PM

if you are lucky it could just be the quickshift?
martin

XS-Home 06 January 2005 06:10 PM

The old padded wallet breaks fall syndrome ;)

scoobyboy1 06 January 2005 08:19 PM

Is it allright to bring the car down Saturday morning, or would I have to phone and book a apointment.

scoobyboy1 08 January 2005 03:46 PM

Took it to see David this morning, who was very helpful and found out that the gearbox was knackered, but it was nice to hear it from a proffesional view instead of someone who does'nt know what there talking about. Cant recommend Api's enough. Also like to thank Gerry Houghton for the directions when we had broken down on the way. :)