Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

e-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2004, 11:32 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default e-Bay

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...32#post4050032

Has anybody on this forum ever had direct contact with e-Bay when a purchase has gone wrong ?
Old 05 December 2004, 12:19 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup

i got automated responces, i kept replying to them and kept getting the same automated responces with diffrent peoples names on them

ie :"hi im michelle and i will be looking after this case. have you tried sucking the other persons toes because we cant really be botherd to sort it out ourselves"
Old 05 December 2004, 01:20 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. You are cracking me up. I never got the one about sucking the other person's toes though but they were similar and just as much use.
Old 06 December 2004, 11:48 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

harvey ill get andy on m8 he has aka attu
Old 06 December 2004, 12:18 PM
Attu
Scooby Regular

Hi harvey, about 8 months ago I bought some camera gear off ebay for £1300 and received an email form the seller saying the gear would be posted the following day and Id receive a tracking number, after a few days and no camera gear I received an email from a guy asking me to contact him regards the auction.
I phoned the guy up and it turns out that the camera had been up for auction the week before and the winner of that auction had dropped out and the camera had been put up for auction again but the seller had also contacted all the other bidders asking them if they still wanted to but the camera.
This guy I phoned had said yes to the seller and paid for the camera but was surprised to still see it on ebay, after he hadn't received the camera he contacted me as id won the second auction to see if the sale had gone through and if id received the camera, I hadn't and neither had he but he had contacted me the day after the money had been taken out of my paypal account.
Tim (the other buyer) contacted the Police who in turn contacted me and also said it would be a civil matter as there was so little proof.
I managed to get an an address through his paypal account and another through companies house as the paypal account was in a company name and went down to London with scooby-si. Every address we went to turned up blanks but we did find he lived in the one listed at companies house 6 months prior to us going there.
I found out the guy was South African with an Italian wife and my best guess is he has gone back to either of those countries.
I contacted Paypal who agreed he was at fault but couldn't do anything about it as the money had already been taken out, I also contacted Ebay 3 times and Im still waiting for anything other than an automated reply.
Over the past week or so Ive been following some other auctions that look to good to be true and have asked if I can pick the item up and pay cash, I either get a no its postage only or after the first round of emails I don't hear from them again.
One camera that was listed as for sale in London that looked a good price for what it was, when I emailed the seller he said he was living in Italy (could it be my guy) and would post it from there, he had only joined ebay the day before the item went for sale so why did he say he was in London ?????.
Ebay make to so easy to rip people off if you don't have a conceince and Im in no doubt that a large proportion of auctions are pure scams.

Andy