Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

E-bay question :-(

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2004, 05:22 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-bay question :-(

Right then i bought a transfer box from e-bay for a evo 6,won the auction and bought it for £400.Now he came from miles away and i got a mate to collect it for me who was working in that area.So far so good a few telephone conversations and all was good.Now this was about 3mths ago,car is now gone to garage to have it fitted and its in worse condition than the one i have.The guy i bought it from has a excellent feedback and seems very good ,i have e-mailed twice now but no reply.I dont want to destroy his good feedback incase this is a genuine mistake by him and he thought it was ok.But will if i have two
Any advice on what to do next??

Thanks in advance mouse
Old 25 May 2004, 05:27 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Hmm - tricky one this... Did the guy give you any impression as to the condition of the Box before you bid on it?

Do you have a link to the auction so we can take a look.

I agree - Negging him is a last resort as Positive feedback would 'suggest' that he is an honest bloke. I know that it's frustrating to have to wait, but I'd try to get hold of him for a week or so (Keeping an eye on his Feedback in the meantime) before Negging him yourself.

How did you pay? Do you have his address etc if you decide to persue the matter using the law?

Andy
Old 25 May 2004, 05:31 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Yes he said condition was excellent it had been checked by someone he knows and all was ok with it.Sory dont have a link anymore.All his sells are car parts and feedback is 100% with 65 replies:EEK:
Old 25 May 2004, 06:53 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Keep trying as he may be on vacation, as said above he sounds honest and when you have mint feedback you try to keep it
Old 26 May 2004, 08:34 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andypugh2000
Keep trying as he may be on vacation, as said above he sounds honest and when you have mint feedback you try to keep it
I agree - it sounds like this guy is decent enough. I'd keep trying to get hold of him via Phone and Email for a week or so before you get angry. If it's an honest mistake and the guy just happens to have gone on holiday, it would be a bit harsh to come back to Neg Feedback when he hasn't had a chance to put things right.

I'm guessing (if the garage have taken the trouble to fit it) that the damage/problem isn't visible/detectable until it's fitted? If so, he may have simply got someone to give it a visual inspection before selling it.

I'd keep trying to get hold of him and in the meantime ask the garage who have fitted it, to give you a brief report of the problem (on headed paper if poss) that you can offer to fax to him, should he doubt your word. Explain that you have had the item fitted but that it is not in the condition described in the listing and that you would like to receive a refund/replacement including the costs of shipping (This is his responsibility, not yours). If he kicks off or refuses, offer to send him the fax and contact eBay and PayPal if you used it.

If he's a decent chap, he should be keen to put things right. Let us know how you get on.

Andy
Old 26 May 2004, 09:29 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suspect buying it 3months ago and only just fitting it you would not be in the returns timeline, check terms and conditions
Old 26 May 2004, 10:54 AM
m18use
Scooby Regular

I agree with the above,but hes still not replying (3e-mails later)and i dont have his phone no anymore If all else fails the plan is to buy something arrange to meet him and sort it that way Which is not sensible but £400 is £400