Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru4you - looking promising !

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2003, 04:29 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading all the good reports, I finally took the plunge and contacted Len to arrange my 45K service rather than taking it back to Cheam Motors again.

Just felt his initial customer service was worthy of a mention; he replied to my mail almost immediately ! (obviously he doesn't normally sit behind a PC all day) and when I phoned him to book my car in he was really helpful and a down-to-earth friendly guy. It's filled me with a lot of confidence in readiness for the service on 11th Jan. I'll feedback some more once service is completed.

Cheers.

Have a happy New Year everyone !

Alex.
Old 30 December 2003, 05:13 PM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Talking

Len is a top guy, he carried out my 45k service at the start of december and did an excellant job, only downside was that I needed a new cambelt tensioner which cost a few quid, which he had in stock, I will definately be back for my 60k in a years time and it's a 180 mile round trip for me!!! Saved S*** loads on rip off main dealer service prices.
Old 30 December 2003, 11:58 PM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Another vote for Len from me.

I live a couple of miles from Cheam, and they've always done right by me, but Len's prices and all round attitude make me quite happy to schlep off to Berkshire.

Need 45k service, and want samco turbo hoses and braided brake lines fitted, must give him a bell in the New Year....

Adam

Old 31 December 2003, 01:17 AM
RichardC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Another satisfied customer here.
Old 08 January 2004, 10:13 AM
MattPiece
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'd recommend him too! And a word of advice - take some mags with you as the location isn't full of things to do!!!
Old 09 January 2004, 04:24 PM
eleven59
Scooby Regular

Here's another vote for Len ... top, friendly service

and you can always grab a cup of tea in the big sainsbury's near by!!!!
Old 10 January 2004, 09:31 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

If anyone can come up with a good passtime function (not mucky please) that I can provide PLEASE let me know, Still the prices and attitude make up for the bordom.

regards
Len
Old 11 January 2004, 02:13 AM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Len

Portable tele and a games console? Cheap PS1 would pass the time.

How you fixed at the mo, MY00 need a 45K, and we did talk about Samco intercooler pipes, and braided brake lines when you swapped my front bumper a few months back.

Adam
Old 11 January 2004, 09:02 AM
john coffey
Scooby Regular

How about buying a cheap crappy loan car that we can use whilst you are working on ours, at least thay way we can go into Reading for a few hours and have a look around.
Rally Colin down the road has a few and it does make a difference.
Old 11 January 2004, 03:48 PM
gossythevaleter
Scooby Regular

another vote for len hear got me out the **** many thanks again len
Old 11 January 2004, 09:45 PM
Furrydice
Scooby Newbie

Len is a top bloke. Just had new front disc's and pads fitted. He is always willing to offer advise without the hard sell. Cannot recomend him enough for all your Subaru queries.
Old 13 January 2004, 08:12 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

Point taken about the loan cars, I have already enquired about doing it on my company insurance but it tends to double the premium. The only other way would be for you to change your insurance for a day, but that being done on a sat/sunday is a bit of a struggle. Perhapswhen I get a bit bigger I will be able to incorperate it into my own insurance. PS2 definatly on the cards, but the boys at home have strapped it down to the table...
Have been looking into an ex maindealer premises just recently, with car sales out front, so there might be something there to go with. Also I'm trying to find the time to rebuild my website, which is way overdue, nothing fancy though doing it meself.

Len
Old 13 January 2004, 09:30 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Len Glad to see you sorted Fordy with his legacy problem with the pully wheel bush or something like that

Huxley
Old 13 January 2004, 10:29 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Still struggling with that website, Len? Heh-heh My half-day tutorial didn't help much, I think

I know it's a bit old & crappy, but I have a PS1 here looking for a TV to make friends with, if you have one? It would keep me amused on my visits, and might prevent me from 'helping' quite as much

(And can I add that this is another happy customer, for 2 years+ now with all sorts of work, going from ordinary servicing to modded brake fitting, torture sessions with manifolds that just won't "$%^"%^"$% fit , turbo swaps, wheel alignments...)
Old 15 January 2004, 06:45 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

just off to look at another workshop tonite, with mot bay...!!!
Web lessons did help a lot thanks for your time, much appriciated but just not had time to think at the moment, but when it comes to finishing it will be plain but functional..Lots more products to view.
I did get Fordy sorted in the end, but he just cant grasp the Subaru physiology at all..over his head.
Just had a demonstration on some new all 'singing and dancing' diognostic equipment to read ECU on all MY's and all Jap makes, inc Mits, Scooby, Honda, Nissan etc its the dogs dangles but its not cheap, so here goes the credit card again.

Len
Old 20 January 2004, 01:30 PM
anoble1
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks to Len for another good job on Sunday. It was only an intermediate service but its good to be able to go somewhere reliable, friendly and best of all CHEAP!

Len - Best of luck in finding some new premises!

Cheers
Adam

Old 20 January 2004, 08:27 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

I did get Fordy sorted in the end, but he just cant grasp the Subaru physiology at all..over his head
PMSL @ Len

You want to see him get in a panic when his workshop alarm has a wobbler it drives him mad then I get a panic call and have to go and sort it out

Bless him

Len if your new unit hasn't got an alarm mail me I can sort you out

Paul
Old 20 January 2004, 10:56 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

I dont know how they can justify asking vast quantities of money for so called workshops.!!!!! OK 1 W/S was ex maindealer with 4 bays and an MOT bay, but theres only me, excellent you might think, short term rent 12 months only @ 24k PA, and then your out on your ear to start again. We keep looking ! Where do they think it grows on trees, if it does Im off to garden center to buy a couple.
Many thanks for the offer on the alarm, I might need it soon, finger in other pies too.
Glad to be of service when needed, I always try to help, may not always suck seeds but I try. (perhaps thats for the birds)
Len