Frustrated STi owner needs good servicing

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2000, 12:00 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

...NO, not what you think.

I am looking at a 30k service and some other bits and bobs that I want fitted to my car, front pads, induction etc.

I am having problems finding someone with an excellent reputation who is within a sensible distance of Bournemouth to do this work.

My short list was GGR/RogerClarkMS/Powerstation/ScoobyMania/ScoobySport/PowerEngineering

The problem is that whilst I have no experience of any of these companies and first impression indicates they are all very good, there seems to have been at least someone who thinks they are the business and at least someone else who does not share the same view (to be polite) Why no consistency?

Now are there any others that I should consider that are perhaps closer? At the moment I think Scoobymania and PE are closest at about 100miles but other are more convienient.

The impression I get from other peoples posts and perhaps my perception of other places is that old 'friends' of companies seem to have no problems but the new faces with no contacts or little knowledge get the brush off and poor service. Hopefully this is wrong but one of the above could not be bothered to respond to an email for days, promised a phone call, didn't, then promised to return my follow up call and never did. Now, to me that seems a bit strange as I was probably going to spend about £800-1000, which to me is a lot of money.

My local importer and service centre is pants. Hughes Motor Company. They have been rude, unenthusiastic and about as unhelpful as is humanly possible so I won't be returning there despite the 2 mile journey.

Does anyone want to publicly or privately sing anyones praises or slag them off or is this a little bit too close to the line for our administrators liking?

I'm all ears

Old 11 May 2000, 12:14 AM
Ian Sutton
Scooby Regular

Talking

Try
Old 11 May 2000, 12:44 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

From the shortlist I have personal expirience with all but one company. With regards to servicing, I would reccomend scoobysport and powerstion and would urge caution with regards to power engineering.

I am not able to offer positive or negative feedback on the other companies servicing abilities, so I can pass no comment on them, however good or otherwise they may be.

I currently have my car serviced at Powerstation as they are the best operation I have found within a reasonable distance.

Moray
Old 11 May 2000, 07:29 PM
MatthewR
Scooby Regular

Rich,

I am also in the Bournemouth area. I always use ScoobySport, despite the lengthy journey involved. It is well worth the journey for the kind of quality of service you'll get there (whether you're a new face or a regular customer).

In my experience I definitely recommend them. I'm a very happy customer...

Regards,
Matthew