Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Mobile Auto electrician recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2003, 04:05 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

After struggling to resolve why my car wont start ive nearly given up as time is running out & will be moving house shortly. Can anyone please recommend any decent mobile auto electrician. Prefer someone whos knows subaru electrics well. My Car 95 sti II.
Car does not crank/turnover, earths,fuses checked etc. My only findings was that the wire thats feeds power/current to the soleniod shows no voltage, If i feed power direct from the battery to the solenoid the engine turns over but will not fire. Please help. Thanks Ticky
Old 12 December 2003, 04:32 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

I'd check to see if you have a power supply at the ignition switch first, as it may be either the electrical section has failed, or if you have an immobiliser fitted, this may of gone faulty. I tend to think this way as you have lost a main supply. Other thing to check are the main fuses in engine bay box,just incase you have blown one, using jump leads.
Old 12 December 2003, 04:52 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I know this is the wrong forum for discussion regards electrial problems but, can the switch be faulty yet when the key is turned to the on position the dash warning lights light up & things like elec windows, lights work.
Ive downloads some info on wiring for pre 96 cars but it just seems to complicated to trace each wire etc & trying to get to the igntion relay seems impossible without removing the dash. The info on wiring also seems to be different depending where it comes from does not state clearly which model its from?