Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobysport hell

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 11:06 PM
marcus.s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will try to keep the following factual and emotive despite the fact that I am totally ******* pissed of at this stage.

In early June this year I bought a UK standard spec dark blue mica '01 WRX. Like any sane person the priority was to get rid of the bug eyes and ironing board on the back, and to restore a decent boxer burble to the exhaust. Therefore I ordered a set of morettes and a back box from SCOOBYSPORT and an STI 7 rear spoiler from DR Motorsport. Spoiler came and was fitted (Thanks David, tidy job) but no sign of exhaust. I called scoobysport and was told the delay was because the morettes were on back order. After a couple of weeks of this I sourced the morettes directly from Subaru UK and called Pete Croney(well named) at Scoobysport, cancelled my morettes and (due to the contagious madness this site induces) took the plunge on a full decat system and ITG panel filter. I then sat back and looked forward to the impending delivery of a exhaust system that would release a few more horses and give me something to listen to! At the beginning of July I noticed my credit card had been billed to the tune of £804.00 on the 16th June and assumed delivery would be due any day. On 11th August I came back from holidays to find a downpipe and backbox, NO centre section, NO panel filter. AND I had been billed for morrettes and a backbox instead. To cut to the chase, IT IS NOW DECEMBER AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE PARTS I ORDERED AND WAS CHARGED FOR IN JUNE. I AM SICK/SORE/TIRED PHONING AND EMAILING. THE LAST EMAIL I GOT ON 7TH NOVEMBER FROM CRONEY ASSURED ME THE PARTS WOULD BE LEAVING THE FOLLOWING MONDAY OR TUESDAY AND THAT HE WOULD PERSONALLY ENSURE THIS HIMSELF. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED. SCOOBYSPORT, NEVER EVER AGAIN. HAVE SIMPLY GIVEN UP WASTING MY TIME CHASING THESE CLOWNS.
Old 03 December 2003, 11:11 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Hard luck mate, hope you get it sorted.

If all else you ordered was a panel filter and de-cat you're obviously not on here enough

Dave.
Old 03 December 2003, 11:15 PM
marcus.s
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dave, was going to run with an ECUTEK when the exhaust was fitted but the whole thing is in a bit of heap now!
Old 03 December 2003, 11:16 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

not good
Old 03 December 2003, 11:27 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Xtrmescoobies are said to be a LOT better to deal with, they're ex scoobysport, but apparently left cos of what was happening!
AND they're not that far from Scoobysport!
AND they do Ecutek!
Old 03 December 2003, 11:32 PM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

Can you get the credit card company to sort it? I would have thought that after 3 or so months Pete would have refunded/sent goods... perhaps goods got lost in transit or something?

Richie.
Old 03 December 2003, 11:49 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Small claims court or CC redress

For small claims court I am not sure of the exact procedure, but it's esay to do, and for a clean cut case, would be easy, someone on here will know, and Scoobysport definitely know.

CC redres should be easy too.

Either way, be nice, send them a letter informing them of exactly what you beleif to be the state of affairs. Give them a chance to sort, with deadline after which you procede with what ever looks the easist most attractive way forward. I would also ask for compensation for your trouble and credit costs. If you co to small claims court, these will be factored in.

Neither court or an action from their credit card service provider are good things for SS and I would hope that the would respond.

I'm afraid SS are notoriously bad for forgetting customers, and taking payment before. A week or so before you can deal with, bu not 5 months. It wouldn't be the first time they have been to court.

Paul
Old 04 December 2003, 12:33 AM
Maddog
Scooby Regular

Not the first time they have been in court

Hope you get it sorted.

[Edited by Maddog - 12/4/2003 12:34:03 AM]
Old 04 December 2003, 08:56 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Marcus

I am sorry. We had an admin problem that caused this to occur and I gave clear instruction for this to be sorted out some time ago. Clearly it has not been and I will ensure it is sorted out immediately.
Old 04 December 2003, 07:01 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Stick with XS in future mate ... you won't be dissapointed.

Gary
Old 04 December 2003, 08:45 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

thats sh*ty!! I worked at main dealer for 3 years and have been to loads of tuners etc with our scoob but was lucky enough to stumble upon www.scoobyclinic.com they are the most dedicated bunch of scooby enthusiast I have been lucky enough to give my buisness, they are half the labour rate of any main dealer and activly try to save you money!! they do mail order but not online check out the site and give em a bell. hope you get your bits sorted asap and thanks for the info!!

specialX&Littlemiss STI
Old 04 December 2003, 09:21 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Give Xtreme a ring for any future upgrades,Very professional and friendly.
I am a very satisfied customer 5 months on from upgrades!
Dean
Old 05 December 2003, 12:51 AM
marcus.s
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks lads (and ladies?)for all the help/advice/encouragment. Pete Croney has contacted me and I will let you know how it progresses. Recommendations on other suppliers carefully noted
Old 06 December 2003, 11:31 PM
Hakon
Supporting Member

Yup, had bad time with ss also. :-(
Old 12 December 2003, 06:51 PM
jimbrit
Scooby Regular

You'll get nothing but praise for ScoobySport from me. Always been great and really helpful

Jim