Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

tyres/alignment hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 12:51 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro tyre in Fareham have the latest in laser geometry for alignment.I had mine done at Denmead Tyre Services...they also have the laser set up and can set it up to pro drive specs if you want but they mentioned the fact that the tyres will not last if i did.(thet list two settings...i decided on standard)
Since having mine done it feels like a different car and handles so much better.

steve.

[Edited by quicksprint - 9/6/2003 12:53:33 PM]
Old 05 September 2003, 05:34 PM
SPLITTER
Scooby Regular

can anyone trell me the name of the place in hants thats sposed to be the nuts when it comes to the prodrive geometry set up
i think it begins with b
thanks guys
Old 08 September 2003, 09:45 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

QuickSprint,
do they do the bumpsteer mod as well or is it just tyre allignment?

Andy......
Old 09 September 2003, 11:39 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

Andy...sorry but they only do tracking.

steve.
Old 10 September 2003, 10:25 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Bob Rawle uses Michel Dever Tyres or some similar name and they are south of the Severn if that helps you and they know how to set up Scooby geometry. Wiltshire?/M4?
Old 10 September 2003, 10:29 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

As far as I know the only place that does the bumpsteer modification is Powerstation in Cheltenham.

For full geometery checks and adjustments, try Micheldever Tyres which is off junction 8 of the M3 (and follow signs for Micheldever Train station, they are next door). The only problem is that they like you to be there for 8am in the morning. Still full geometery check and adjustments for less than £50 the last few times I've been down there!

They have all the standard geometery settings, as well as Prodrive settings. They can also do custom ones, as I use to go for Prodrive settings, but with 0.7 (or thereabouts) degrees of negative camber, instead of 1.5 (or whatever the maximum is)

The reduction in negative camber, gave a slightly less sharp turn in (although better than standard), but it reduced the jittery feel on motorways and fast road! (And should not wear the tyres as quickly on the inner edge)
Old 10 September 2003, 01:14 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

My last set of tyres were absolutely bald on the inner edge of the two front tyres, I think this was due to poor tracking and quite a few motorway miles.
How much of a difference is there between a standard OEM alignment and a Prodrive alignment? I am more interested in tyre life than going fast around corners (I must be getting old) but am keen to know the difference in driving feel.

Cheers
Old 11 September 2003, 01:25 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Danny,

The problem with the standard settings is that the car can feel a little vauge when turning in.

Get the Prodrive settings, but instead of using maximum equal negative camber, get them to give you a negative camber of 0.7 degrees. With my three Subaru's covering about 50,000 miles with these settings, the tyre wear was pretty even on all three cars!

You *will* notice an improvement over the standard settings!
Old 11 September 2003, 01:27 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Hi Harvey,

I've only just noticed you replied while I was typing out my essay!!

I know Branko used Micheldever Tyres, so I assume that Bob uses them as well. They are the same place that I have hyperlinked above!

I know a quite a few Subaru owners use them!
Old 11 September 2003, 09:21 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see you on the board Andy. Bob was at MD three weeks ago with the STi9 and he said the difference was very noticable.
My WRX was done by TSL (near Nottingham) and that was very worthwhile. The STi was done at Power Station along with bump steer and anti-lift. I had a handling problem at the time which turned out to be different diff ratios front and rear!!!