Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Unhappy with Graham Goode

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2003, 05:29 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered a set of brake pads for my Impreza on Tuesday over the internet and requested Next Day delivery. They haven't arrived. Called them this afternoon and was told "they have up to 5pm to deliver, call us tomorrow if you don't have them".

Well, my car is off the road until I get my pads, so waiting till tomorrow is not an option, so I've just called them back. Apparently the server has been down so they have literally only just processed my order (despite me getting an e-mail yesterday to tell me they were processing it then) and my pads won't be going out until tomorrow, so I won't get them until friday. Unfortunately I'm going away Friday, so unless they arrive before 10:30 my weekend is knackered thanks to some git lying to me earlier this afternoon.
Old 28 May 2003, 10:11 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Normally they are really good mate. Ring up tomorrow and ask to speak to Wayne - he is excellent. If you ring up in the morning, he might be able to get you the brakes that afternoon
Old 29 May 2003, 06:50 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

GGR racing are/have always been spot on with us.........I'm sure they will get it sorted
Old 29 May 2003, 12:00 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Fancy letting your brakes get so bad in the first place.

But back on topic GGR have in my dealings with them been nothing but very proffesional with quick delivery.

I know its not good that your now waiting but hey its sunny and think of the fuel your now saving.
Where the brakes the problem on your Go Kart a few weeks back LOL.

Zippy
Old 29 May 2003, 04:22 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Fancy letting your brakes get so bad in the first place.
Only one pad, the material has disintegrated, all other pads are fine, only noticed when I got a grinding noise out of it last Sunday, spent the Sunday and Bank Holiday trying to track a set down, no joy, Danny @ Mainland wanted £74 (no chance) so I ordered a set from GGR having used them for my (£25!) fan belt.

What annoys me is that I could have arranged a set locally quicker, but because GGR only admitted the problem yesterday night, it was too bloody late.

And you'll pay for your words at the next 3 Sisters event, taste my exhaust fumes, infidel
Old 30 May 2003, 11:04 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Update: despite being promised my pads this morning, they haven't turned up, so in desperation I popped along to my local motor factor, who managed to source me a set and have them delivered within an hour, and for £10 less than GGR wanted.

If my pads from GGR do ever turn up, they'll be getting them back with a letter of complaint, next day delivery doesn't mean 4 days later [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 30 May 2003, 07:52 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

My rear pads went "all of a sudden" You just cannot see on the inside unless your Superman or you've got a ramp etc..
Why didn't you go to RC Rev they always have rear pads in?
Old 02 June 2003, 11:07 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Alan, never bloody thought, mate

Final installment:

The GGR pads turned up as I was fitting my other pads. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I've decided to keep the pads as spares, I don't like getting caught out.