Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Adams of Alesbury

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2002, 07:39 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Anybody had any bad dealings with Adams?? A friend of mine bought a Scoob from them and ordered Air con to be fitted, 3 months later he still does not have the car, and my friend has got his money back, Anybody else had problems???
Cheers
Colin
Old 23 July 2002, 07:57 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ive bought 5 Scoobies off them. Always been superb . Service is the best Ive found. Just a pity they dont sell Audi and BMW's for the times when I am Scoobyless.

Dane who owns it is a great guy and a petrol head with his own UK 22B, and Suzzane has always looked after me.

Jonathan

Old 23 July 2002, 10:16 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

I'm on my second scoob with them and cannot fault them. I dont know Dane but Suzzane and Phil have always been polite and helpful despite my best attempts to mess them about recently!

Ross

[Edited by scoobycar60 - 7/23/2002 10:18:55 PM]
Old 23 July 2002, 10:47 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Adams were fine right up until the point when I paid them.....

They made a ****e job of fitting my PIAA's to.....

Shame really, as my previous 2 company cars came from their Peugeot dealership up the road where service was superb.

Mind you, we even tried to buy a 206 at the same time as the Scoob and they fcuked that right up.....

Subaru dealers are all pretty cr@p in my experience, Adams are probably no better or worse.

Having a VW now is sheer bliss, staff seem genuinely friendly and helpful and their coffee is much better Not that you need to spend as much time in the dealers anyway
Old 23 July 2002, 11:06 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

NBW

I assume your not using any VW dealerships in Bucks .

Owning a new shape Polo and being the company fleet manager I can tell you VW needs to sort it crap out. Nice coffee but no substance to the offering. My 3yr old knows more about cars than most VW dealers

Jonathan
Old 24 July 2002, 12:06 AM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

IMHO the VAG group seem to have a slight logistics problem with spares availability.....err......like there are none....expect to wait a while for basic spares......e.g.4 months for a key....admittedly not dealers fault, supplied wrong once in that time, I never actually got it in the end, although things will improve in September when their parts depot move is sorted...or so the story goes.
Check the boards if you dont believe me there are some legendary stories out there.
Old 24 July 2002, 07:08 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Angry

Youre right with the spare parts. Our new shape Polos airbag light came on last week. VAG still hasnt got the part to sort it, and the car is off the road. I'm not used to this as my Scoobies always worked
Old 24 July 2002, 08:16 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I've found that Adams were fine and Suzzane always treated me well. The servicing was good, if a little pricey, as are there cars. My only fault with them came after a warranty claim for a new 3rd gear synchro on a MY99 car I had, they fixed the fault but the final drive developed a whine straight afterwards (suspiciously), which they couldn't fix. I had to trade the car in to get rid of it....

F
Old 24 July 2002, 08:28 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

VAG accessories seem to be just as bad as spare parts. Been waiting the best part of a month for a roof rack for my Octavia RS

[Edited by SWRTWannabe - 7/24/2002 8:29:16 AM]
Old 24 July 2002, 09:07 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Adams have been good to me, bit pricey but hey I can walk to the showroom. In fact I'm off there in a bit. New grill and clicking door to sort out.
Old 24 July 2002, 09:14 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I've been generally impressed by the service at Adams - particular credit being due for their help in getting IM to approve a major respray under warranty for the infamous DBM stone chip problem! I know most of the staff there (although I didn't know about Dane and his 22B - in fact I didn't get the impression that any of them were real Scooby enthusiasts), and they greet me by name whenever I go in which I personally appreciate.

Touch wood, I've only ever needed them to do scheduled services and very minor repairs, where I wouldn't expect any problems. They did leave my car spattered in black, oily droplets after the first body service, though - something which I'll certainly be mentioning when I go back for the 3 year service in January.

Incidentally, they now have a Daihatsu franchise on the same site as well - hands up who ever thought they'd find themselves standing in a Daihatsu showroom? The displays say something about environmentally responsible motoring 'without compromise' - I couldn't help but snigger out loud. Without compromise compared to what? The Impreza STI in the very same showroom? (Cue an ongoing fit of giggles...)

Andy.
Old 24 July 2002, 09:40 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well from what I have read it seems my friend got a bad day, Thanks guys.
Colin
Old 24 July 2002, 10:24 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Smile

I would say he had a bad day as well.

I have always found the service from the entire staff at Adams to be very friendly, personal and when needed professional!

The only time I had cause to complain was when I couldn't get the STi7 as a courtesy car! Ended up with a 2 lite Legacy instead... cue a "Kevin" moment.

I to get greated by name and even the mechanics come out to say hello when I go in now. In fact they seem to find it amusing to look for the latest mod on the car and give their opinion on it.

I have had two warrenty jobs carried out by them without any issues, one was a blown damper and the other was the WRX mats wearing through after 1,000 miles.

When I trashed the clutch, the tried hard to get it covered by warrenty. IM did refuse it in the end but Adams were good enough to show me copies of the correspondance. They did me a deal on the total cost, which was still horrific but not nearly as bad as it could have been.

It is the only dealership I have walked into and actully felt comfortable, even the first time I visited them to arrange a test drive.