Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Logo and website design

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2013, 09:15 AM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Logo and website design

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of setting up a business with a friend. His skill lies in the practical side whereas I'm better at marketing, promotion etc.

The first thing we need is a Logo and a website, now I already have an existing business which has quite an advanced website which cost a fair amount of money through a web design company.

For the new company the website needs to be fairly simple but professional with no fancy features, just a home page, about us, gallery and contact page would suffice. The designer who built my other site has quoted a four figure sum to build one but I just can't justify it.

Can anyone advise some decent software ( either free or cheap) that would enable me to build one myself, I would like to be able to make future changes / updates and also link to google analytics. I'm reasonably good with computers just have no knowledge of website building.

Also a good logo design software?

Cheers.
Old 17 October 2013, 08:18 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Take a look at PeoplePerHour and Elance. You'll find all sorts of options. Some charge peanuts, others charge a small fortune.

If you have fairly simple tasks, try Fiverr. You can get almost anything done for $5, so it's worth asking three people to do the same task such as designing a logo, as that way you have more to choose from, which isn't bad for a few quid, also cheaper than buying software.
Old 17 October 2013, 08:43 PM
MDS_WRX
Scooby Regular

For your logo, there's places like Design Crowd where you set a brief on what you want, a budget (I think it starts at a minimum of around $150) and you get a whole load of designs back from various designers to choose from. If you like one you can pick it, if not you can get your money back. We've used these before and had some good quality work produced.

If you want to create a logo yourself, you would ideally want Photoshop or something like Paint .NET for a free equivalent (although not as feature rich). There are also online tools such as Logo Maker which depending on your needs may do a decent enough job.

For your website design, you'll need something with a Content Management System so you can log in and make any changes you need. Applications like Wix, Wordpress and Joomla are very good starting points and are mostly free (although some of them may require you to purchase hosting). I also run a web design company as well so if we can be of any help (even if it's just for some advice) feel free to drop me a PM.
Old 17 October 2013, 11:16 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Please have look on the free website PSD templates and make own website,which can be probably easiest way to do

Jura