Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HTC Desire Z

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2011, 06:20 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HTC Desire Z

I've been offered a htc desire z which i might buy for the wife.are they any good
Old 14 July 2011, 07:01 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Ive owned a HTC Desire and personally i wouldn't get another android phone, the phone itself is superb and the Sense UI is brilliant but the apps for android phones don't get scrutinised in the same way as they do with apple, basically you could be installing anything on your phone and opening it up to anyone.

The other thing with the HTC Desire is the screen was poor in daylight, you could barely see it in bright conditions, i had the amoled screen as well which was supposed to be the best one.

Ive just bought an iphone, early impressions are very good, its slick and quick.
Old 14 July 2011, 07:13 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
Ive owned a HTC Desire and personally i wouldn't get another android phone, the phone itself is superb and the Sense UI is brilliant but the apps for android phones don't get scrutinised in the same way as they do with apple, basically you could be installing anything on your phone and opening it up to anyone.

The other thing with the HTC Desire is the screen was poor in daylight, you could barely see it in bright conditions, i had the amoled screen as well which was supposed to be the best one.

Ive just bought an iphone, early impressions are very good, its slick and quick.

If you use HTC likes instead of android market they are all vetted and checked. I have also downloaded the avg virus checker, checks every new app you download for malware and other nasty things. i do agree about the screen though, only apple have really got this right in respect to the sun problems.

The Desire z is a very good phone to consider though if you are getting it for a bit of a cheaper rice, hardware is slower then most of the new phones, but you can update the software now to gingerbread which apparently gets rid of some of the unused software to free up some speed.
Old 14 July 2011, 08:05 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

cheers for feed back.i have a iphone and will be up grading to the iphone 5. but the wife not sure what to get next.