Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Kypton Factor.... Flight sim

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2009, 06:07 PM
WaltonWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kypton Factor.... Flight sim

Does anyone know of a programme like the Krypton Factor (the old one) flight sim, Don't want to go buy a proper one as I just like the Krypton factor type bit.... (long shot I know)
Old 09 February 2009, 09:44 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flight Simulator, the Microsoft one will let you set up an just to fly an approach
Old 09 February 2009, 11:15 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent! My claim to fame!

I flew that very flight simulator I worked at British Midland and installed the LAN that administered the Flight sim at Whitwick.

I was there the day before it went live and asked if I could have a go (as you do) and the chief instructor let me!

After showing me what the sim could do, and showed off the graphics (cars driving on the road at night was very cool) he set me up for the final approach at LHR.

I actually landed it really well, and explained that I played around with Flight sims on my p.c. (although they were NOTHING like this thing!) He did talk me down most of the way I'll admit and I did get a rollocking for belting off across the grass to take the shortcut to terminal 1

Couple of things about the flight sim - I got to see the 'alternate' way of pushback: Full reverse thrust, not often used as it kills people

and I got to see why the flight crashed on the M1 that time... the dial for the engine vibration was the size of 20p piece... tiny little thing and the previous model 737 was known for it being inaccurate as it used to wobble alot in normal flight. The new one was VERY accurate and the conversion course was: Read this. Nice one. Now go fly.

Good fun at that place, and always a laugh to see a crash!