Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook Express to Outlook

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2009, 09:20 AM
paulpaulpaul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlook Express to Outlook

I have been using Outlook Express for so many years and didnt want to change ( only as im so used to it ) anyway my file housekeeping is not what it should be and the sheer number of files I hold in Outlook Express causes it to at times lose thousands of old emails and before it happens again which would be the third time I need to switch my incoming mail to Outlook which im informed can deal far better with storage.

OK so in the past I have done the import / export thing of my emails using Outlook almost as a back up but never taken the plunge when its fully up to date to switch over.

Now im trying to do the usual exporting or importing of files and it starts the % runthough which takes tens of hours and now every 3 or 4 % of transfer its stopping and giving the statement " Unable to Load Personal Free / Busy Data "

Any ideas what that is and how I can get rid so I can make the full transfer once and for all and become a Outlook user.

Thanks