Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ANY ORACLE DBA'S IN HERE? ADVICE ON DATA MASKING / SCRAMBLING REQ'D

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2008, 08:27 AM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ANY ORACLE DBA'S IN HERE? ADVICE ON DATA MASKING / SCRAMBLING REQ'D

My company uses Oracle 10G and within Testing and Development we are looking into masking / scrambling tools to protect customer information (data protection rules). I have looked about on google and see there are many software tools available out there but with how complex and how big our DB is I really dont think they would work as simply as they suggest. For instance we have not just 1 table within a schema holding private customer information, we have various throughout various working, view and VT tables.

I am aware of built in oracle functions that can randomise data and I'm wondering (if a big assessment of tables containing the data in question was carried out) that a DBA could create something similar to these tools available.

I have worked on sql scripts to create cut-down DB from prduction data and I'm sure there is something we can do ourselves to scramble sensitive data.

Any help / comments / suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Lee
Old 22 September 2008, 01:00 PM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?