Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cd copying

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2008, 09:12 PM
andysubaru3089
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd copying

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if there was a program out there that can put songs i have bought of itunes on to cd. I have paid for the music fair and square so there must be program that can make me do whatever i want with it and put it onto cd.

Thanks for your time
Old 24 July 2008, 09:17 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Doesn't iTunes let you do it? I haven't used it for ages but I think it was:

File > Backup to disc
Old 24 July 2008, 09:40 PM
andysubaru3089
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help, just looking and it seems to work,thanks
Old 25 July 2008, 01:42 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

It really depends on how you want to go about it. iTunes is typically the most simple solution. All you need to do is ensure the burning option is set to Audio CD (Open iTunes Preferences', go to Advanced, and then look at the Burning option), then create a playlist that contains the iTunes songs and then simply burn them to CD.

The Backup to Disc option should also work in a similar manner, however, I'm not sure what format the resulting files will be, it might not convert them, in which case you won't be able to play them on a CD player as they'll still be in m4p format, ie; the "Protected" format the iTunes music store uses.

Another, more complicated, method is to use utilities out there that can strip off the protected part of the file (you still need your iTunes Music Store account, so you cannot use it with iTunes songs that someone else has purchased unless you have their account). You'd still end up with m4a files, which cd players might not play, but you could convert them to mp3, but there could be a loss of quality when doing that.